ISO French Onion Soup Recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
View attachment 487824

This is a legendary soup around the area, that is still carried on by countless restaurants. It's that good. Simple, and good.
Tried this one and came out pretty good. Was salty but I used the Better than Buillion and think I was too generous. Amazed at how much the onions cooked down over that time. Looking to chip away at all these and made a few small adjustments on this for my tastes. Appreciate all the help!

IMG_2084.jpg

I am sure there is no one there knowing your food cravings, so if you want to find a recipe suitable for you, you must enter all of the sites with recipes and try them until you find the best one for you.

Well the bump to this old thread got me started on it again. I did the same Barr's recipe but changed my take a bit. I didadd more unsalted butter and boxed broth. I also added the white wine this time. Much better on salt level and came out better than last time. Wifey said she likes a bit more broth-ey, so I might more stock or less of the flour. Cheers to soup season!

Well the bump to this old thread got me started on it again. I did the same Barr's recipe but changed my take a bit. I didadd more unsalted butter and boxed broth. I also added the white wine this time. Much better on salt level and came out better than last time. Wifey said she likes a bit more broth-ey, so I might more stock or less of the flour. Cheers to soup season!
I did this recipe a while back.. Not sure if its what you and your wife would like but it is "broth-ey" and I really enjoyed it!!. Sam the cooking guy has a lot of great videos!

Reactions: jmusser and zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky