• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Is this mold or dried up water? Help!

smokin peachey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
1,064
1,676
Joined Aug 1, 2016
I would use it. Even if it was mold it’s not bad enough to worry about.
 

bthurston

Newbie
21
26
Joined Oct 29, 2019
it looks like mycelium, as in mushroom. no harm no foul. i imagine if you left it you would see it pin and fruit shortly.
 

kmmamm

Smoke Blower
134
43
Joined Apr 30, 2016
I agree with Bthurston, it sure looks like mycelium. A common wood fungus, it will have absolutely no effect on the fire, smoke or flavor.
 

Crodriguez1

Newbie
5
2
Joined Dec 24, 2019
Thank you all for the help. I justed wanted to make sure I could still use it since I've read some other posts about throwing out wood with mold.
 

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.