Is It Just Me...?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
from the OP. i think cheese benifits from time without a doubt. meat i agree with most on the smoke flavor being more pronounced the next day. i will say i love beef the best straight from the heat source. even if im a little nose blind. it is just better freshly cooked. i will use the nuke machine if time is in play on reheating meat and not complain. i prefer either a quick fry in CI or broil in the oven. pork or chicken like others stated seem a little better the next day.

Hmm, nose blindness apparently affects baking, too.

I have a huge jar of anise seeds I use for making pepperoni. I don't bake much but had a craving for Italian anise seed cookies. My wife hates licorice so I was reluctant to bake with them, but I found a recipe for Italian butter cookies with anise seeds (not extract) and gave it a shot. Mixed yesterday. Baked this morning. I literally could not taste anything when I tried the first cookie. Two hours later, I could taste the butter and the hint of anise. Cookies turned out great and I will be adapting the recipe for lemon anise butter cookies.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky