Is a two-dollar pistol equivalent to a four-dollar...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

frijole smoke

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Dec 1, 2014
Monument, CO - Norton, KS
...meat slicer?

I picked this up at an estate sale for 4 bucks.  Not big and fancy, but better than nothing.

The blade is riveted to the drive gear and plastic mechanism.  Does anyone know if it is possible to change blades or have them sharpened?  I haven't cut with it yet, but it seems like it could use a new edge.  Also just curious if anyone has used this slicer and what you think of it.  It is an Oster Choice Kut.

Here's some Q-view from last weekend.  Did a turkey during the day and put a pork butt in for the overnight.  I started it at 5:00 pm and it finished up around 10:00 am.

I didn't get an after of the butt, but this is it going in.  Just finished eating the last of it tonight.

I sorta inherited the same slicer.  Only use it to slice beef or venison for jerky or occasionally cheese and summer sausage.  You got a steal for $4 if it runs at all.  I never had the blade sharpened or really had the need to for what I use it for.  Beef and venison cut best when partially frozen and pushed through slowlllllyyyyy.   It is a b*tch to clean. 

I have the same one you have FS, I have used it numorus times and no problems, cleaning is some what a pain but it has to be done.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky