Introduction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fisher6688

Meat Mopper
Original poster
May 20, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Hello everyone, 

My name is Jason, living in Dallas Texas. I have been looking at this site for all my smoking/grilling needs recently. If i am about to try something new I look here for times and temps. I am new to the smoking part although i know many people that have been doing it for years. I finally found my new hobby. I currently have a char griller charcoal grill that i been using and only putting lump charcoal or briquets on one side while using mesquite chunks. Its time to step up my game. I am currently going to purchase the Old country bbq pecos smoker or the wrangler which is shorter length wise but has an upper grate. Any suggestions on which one would be better? the wrangler is also thicker steel. Anyway thank yall for this great website and ill see you around. 

Hey Jason, welcome to the site. See what fits your needs the best, Thicker metal hols heat better and last longer, but make sure the size and style fits your needs.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky