Intro

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by kenols6, Jan 22, 2016.

1. kenols6

kenols6 Newbie

Hello Forum,

Just joined as I have a box in my garage with a Brinkmann Trailmaster Verticle in it.  On the way are Jeff's book, the sealer mods, a coal box and CyberQ.  Yes, I am "in".  Will keep you posted as I progress.  Have read several strings and have enjoyed them all.  Look forward to learning from and sharing with y'all.  No, not from the south, just married to a Mississippi girl...actually am writing from rainy Northern California.  Take care.

Best, Kenols6

2. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Welcome, glad ya joined us... Sounds like your on your way to some good smokin ! If ya have any questions, just ask !

3. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! You're going to enjoy learning this hobby. I suggest you start with chicken as it's cheap and easy while you learn your way around the smoker.

Oh, and take pictures of it while it's new and clean *G*

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome to SMF!

Glad top have you with us!

Al

5. joe black

joe black Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome from SC. It's really good to have you on this great site. It sounds like you're off to a very good start. The only thing that you need to add is Jeff's rub and sauce recipes. I would also suggest a chicken to start with. Spatchcocking is a good way to go. It cooks a little quicker and more evenly.

Always ask anything you need. There are a lot of really good folks who are eager to share their ideas and tips.

Good luck and good smokin'. Please send pics when you can. Joe :grilling_smilie: