internal Temp

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ffpickle

Original poster
Sep 8, 2015
Eastern North Carolina
So confused about when to pull my pork shoulder. I have read many treads in here. So anywhere between 140 and 205?? What is right  just want it good and done. Thanks for the help. Using Masterbuilt propane smoke.

You've probably also read that, "it will be done when it's done".

Due to the thickness of the meat, the amount of internal fat and the density of the muscle, see above. A normal done IT for a pork butt is between 195 and 210*. The best way is to check the bone when you get close to these temps. If it wiggles very friendly and can pull out easily, the meat is done. If it doesn't, give it another 5*. It will also have a very tender feel to the touch.

Good luck, Joe. :grilling_smilie:

Any pork cut is safe to eat at 140. Guys that like pink meat pull at 140 and slice it. No pink, they pull at 165. Sliced is fine but for pulled you need the lT around 200-210. The bone will slide out and a probe slides in like a hot knife through butter. Choose your poison and have at it...JJ 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky