Interested in Opinions/Reviews from Meater Owners

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I had one arrive at my house about three weeks ago. I DL'd the app to my phone, got it paired up, tried two different cooks with it. Never got a signal said to move the box closer to the probe, it was three feet away. I hated it and have given it to a friend who is more technologically advanced than I. RAY

TBH - I don't love the Meater. It was a gift from my daughter.

I use it in the oven and that's about all. I have all my probes set up and linked up with my phone for my smoker already.

My gripe is the air temp on the Meater is WAY off low unless you use convection cooking. Which I don't feel should be required for what they cost.

I have two Thermopro and love them.
Had one go bad so I called customer service and had a replacement at my door in two days!

Keith

Reactions: sawhorseray
Does this thermometer beep constantly like the Inkbird I have? I can't shut off the beeps without losing phone alerts.
Which Inkbird are you having issues with ? I use the Inkbird BBQ Go app with my IBBQ 4X and have no alarms or notifications unless you set for your desired temps.

I do set the notifications. I want to see them on the phone, but I don't want the device itself to beep all day.

Are your probes showing accurate temps? ( switch plug-ins ) ?Mine would beep when it detected a faulty probe. Replaced and it never did it again, or if I don't get them plugged in completely it will beep.

Inkbird told me it's behaving normally. There is no way to set it so it gets phone alerts without beeping.

I’m using my first MEATER plus today. Seems the ambient accuracy is about 20 degrees F low compared to my Maverick wired ambient temp sensor.

Anyone else see the same variance?

the ambient accuracy blows. They should just stop adding that in or fix it.

the ambient accuracy blows. They should just stop adding that in or fix it.
As I’ve been smoking today I’ve noticed the ambient temp from the MEATER gets closer to the Maverick as the temp of the butt is increasing. It started off by 20 or more, it’s within 5 degrees now as the butt has hit 140+. I can only surmise that cold meat creates a cooler zone close to itself as it’s warming. Eventually as the meat gets closer to warmer temps the MEATER seems to be better at measuring realistic ambient temps.

The ambient is awful. It helps get an idea of what the temp is doing, just not what it actually is. If I see the arbitrary meater temp dropping, it's a good bet the real ambient is dropping and it's time to work.

But I swear by the internal. I've found it to be dead nuts with my trusted wired and instant probes. I've also found the "time remaining" feature to be pretty accurate for roasts.

Reactions: ref2335
As I’ve been smoking today I’ve noticed the ambient temp from the MEATER gets closer to the Maverick as the temp of the butt is increasing. It started off by 20 or more, it’s within 5 degrees now as the butt has hit 140+. I can only surmise that cold meat creates a cooler zone close to itself as it’s warming. Eventually as the meat gets closer to warmer temps the MEATER seems to be better at measuring realistic ambient temps.
yeah...still worthless IMO. in the oven tis the same issue...cold meat = ambient reading too low. the only thing that gets it close is convection baking - but even then its not accurate.

Got an email today where ThermoPro just released a wireless probe.
Not a site sponsor so won't post a link but gotta have one at $52.

Keith

Got an email today where ThermoPro just released a wireless probe.
Not a site sponsor so won't post a link but gotta have one at $52.

Keith
I didn't have any luck finding that. What do they call it? Thanks

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky