Inlaws came to town........

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks bud and I'm with you on love for meatloaf
I had this friend ask me what I wanted for my birthday meal and I said meatloaf. She said you cant have meatloaf for your birthday so they made me steak. She also ask me what wanted for dessert. I said cookies. Well I got cake. They next year asked me again. Well still got steak. Never asked me again.

I had this friend ask me what I wanted for my birthday meal and I said meatloaf. She said you cant have meatloaf for your birthday so they made me steak. She also ask me what wanted for dessert. I said cookies. Well I got cake. They next year asked me again. Well still got steak. Never asked me again.
At least they didn’t make you eat a tie or socks :emoji_grinning:

Everything looks Awesome, Jake!!
Your FIL is gonna be one Happy Dude with that Smoked Bologna!!
I know I sure would be!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks bear. Yeah he was happy. I smoked some for him before covid hit and hes been rationing ever since lol

Everything looks great Jake! I gotta try that Bologna! Can't get the large whole slabs of it here in Ga.
Suggestions? Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Ditto here in NC ... at least AFAIK ... maybe a source of which I’m unaware?

T
Everything looks great Jake! I gotta try that Bologna! Can't get the large whole slabs of it here in Ga.
Suggestions? Thanks for sharing.

Mike
Thanks mike! Here a link to a previous bologna smoke of mine...
I buy mine in 10lb chubs. Most grocery stores around here including kroger sells it. If you cant find then I'd bet you can find 2.5lb chubs where thesliced bologna is. Saves you a step in prep work as ultimately I'm breaking mine down to that size before smoking anyways

Reactions: MJB05615
That food looks amazing! I've never heard of Cajun boiled peanuts but that sounds really good, how do you prepare those if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks! Heres a link to my last peanut thread. They are delicious

Reactions: BearClawMaky
T
Thanks mike! Here a link to a previous bologna smoke of mine...
I buy mine in 10lb chubs. Most grocery stores around here including kroger sells it. If you cant find then I'd bet you can find 2.5lb chubs where thesliced bologna is. Saves you a step in prep work as ultimately I'm breaking mine down to that size before smoking anyways
Thanks for the link as well as the info. I'll go to our Kroger and see if I can get either here. If they do not have the 10lb chub, you're saying I can go to the Deli counter and they'll sell me an uncut 2.5lb piece? Never thought to ask them. If they will, that would be great. I'll let you know. Do you use any particular type of Bologna?

Thanks for the link as well as the info. I'll go to our Kroger and see if I can get either here. If they do not have the 10lb chub, you're saying I can go to the Deli counter and they'll sell me an uncut 2.5lb piece? Never thought to ask them. If they will, that would be great. I'll let you know. Do you use any particular type of Bologna?
You shouldn't have to get it from the deli. I get mine 10lb or 2.5lb directly where all the other bologna is. But if you cant find then I'd ask the butcher or deli. I can almost guarantee they have it. As faras brand...just something cheap. You live in the south so Bar S bologna is likely what you'll find. I also have luck finding it in smaller grocery stores.

You shouldn't have to get it from the deli. I get mine 10lb or 2.5lb directly where all the other bologna is. But if you cant find then I'd ask the butcher or deli. I can almost guarantee they have it. As faras brand...just something cheap. You live in the south so Bar S bologna is likely what you'll find. I also have luck finding it in smaller grocery stores.
OK, I'll be going in the next 2-3 days. I'll let you know how I do. Thanks.

Reactions: TNJAKE
All looks great Jake!! I’m betting they were very satisfied. Love those peanuts too! Bar S bologna is common at our Savealot sites in Ohio.

Last edited:
Wow Jake!! With a meal like that I'd be inclined to marry into your family :emoji_laughing: It all looks fantastic but that meatloaf dinner is pure money buddy!! Great job and way to keep the other side of the family happy and stay in their good graces. I'm sure you scored a bunch of points with all that food.

Robert

I'm kinda intrigued by the smoked bologna. Any tricks or tips to share?
Heres a link to one of my previous bologna threads

Wow Jake!! With a meal like that I'd be inclined to marry into your family :emoji_laughing: It all looks fantastic but that meatloaf dinner is pure money buddy!! Great job and way to keep the other side of the family happy and stay in their good graces. I'm sure you scored a bunch of points with all that food.

Robert
Appreciate it robert. That smoked meatloaf was delicious. They definitely left with full bellies!

Looks like some real good eats Jake,

Point for sure
Chris

Certainly looks like you all ate well--was it more about the food or having the time outside by yourself? :emoji_laughing:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky