Inkbirk App not getting Notifactions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I have the Inkbird WiFi Grill Thermometer IBBQ-4T using the lastest Inkbird app. I do not get notifications when phone is locked. As soon as I unlock it I will get them but they I need them when they happen. I using android phone. Anyone else have this issue? Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq you have any solutions? All the notifications on phone turned on. The way it is won't work for overnight cooks to wake you up.

Last edited:
Reactions: JLeonard
Have Android as well.
Don't know about your situation, but that is one thing I don't like about phone apps.
I've experienced that with a different app.
Phone apps don't seem to have a problem - Calendar reminders, email, texts, phone, etc.

Don't know if it is a fixable issue or not for 3rd party apps.
Hope someone knows.

Mine gives notifications when screen turns dark but the graph resets frequently and going in and out of the app and other apps while running BBQ Go will ultimately crash the app and shows on the phone that the app has stop running and if you want to restart it when going to other apps and it holds all your presets. If you are viewing the app and set down the phone and the screen turns dark, then the app doesn't crash. I do have the IRF-ST 1,500 ft radio frequency Inkbird as a back up. I use the BBQ GO on my Soraken 6 probe BT unit bc all BT apps crash and reset graphs automatically and I've tried 7 different BT apps. They all will crash if you leave the app at some point.

I did not have this problem on the old app. I gonna have to get a different thermometer now. I like the wifi but no notifications not going to work. I over shot 5 degrees yesterday.

Are you using do not disturb at night ? If so look and see if the bbq app is allowed .
If the answer is no , make sure it's not enabled / scheduled at a certain time just to make sure .

Are you using do not disturb at night ? If so look and see if the bbq app is allowed .
If the answer is no , make sure it's not enabled / scheduled at a certain time just to make sure .
Right, or under device maintenance if that app is always sleeping and to let it run in the background.

I checked everything I can think of. I guess next is to try to delete app if I can remember how to set up again.
There is Govee WiFi Meat Thermometer, Wireless Meat Thermometer with 4 Probe on sale for $50. I uninstall not work guess I will try that one.

I doing an overnight on a pork butt tonight. I just checked to make sure going to get low notifications and not working again. I uninstalled again and re-installed and works now again. I can no longer trust this thing. I am going to go with it tonight but will be changing to that Govee WiFi Meat Thermometer Wireless Meat Thermometer I had bought for future cooks.

I doing an overnight on a pork butt tonight. I just checked to make sure going to get low notifications and not working again. I uninstalled again and re-installed and works now again. I can no longer trust this thing. I am going to go with it tonight but will be changing to that Govee WiFi Meat Thermometer Wireless Meat Thermometer I had bought for future cooks.
let us know how the govee app works. my IBBQ-4t has worked flawlessly on iphone and ipad. then my usb plug on the unit got real hot and melted. it's dead now. Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq has been non-responsive.

I bought the Inkbird RF 1,500ft THERM with 4 ports. I had good luck with the BT Soraken 6 port for 8 years and can't count on the BT with crashing etc so day time it's fine looking at the temp the probes plug into but the BT has failed. Still use it though with accurate probes. Night time it's RF but rarely.

Had a dip last night and did not notify again. All the settings look good. Not sure whats causing this. My other apps work OK on locked screen. I about done with this. Had same problem on my last phone so something with the app.

I got tired of dealing with phone apps and bought a ThermoPro TP829. It is a 4 probe wired into a remote unit that sends real time info wireless to a second screen. It has a lot of settings but once you get them figured out it works great.

I got tired of dealing with phone apps and bought a ThermoPro TP829. It is a 4 probe wired into a remote unit that sends real time info wireless to a second screen. It has a lot of settings but once you get them figured out it works great.
I really need one with Wifi. Seems like a lot of people have push notification problems also with inkbird.

May have to have phone plugged in but can you turn that app to "always on" , so screen doesn't go dark ? I have a hunting app that goes wonky when it would go dark. Always on cured that.

Doing overnight brisket and no notifications again. I think I may have figured it out. I changed this setting and seems to be working now.

Screenshot_20231118_035351_Settings.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky