Inkbird Vac Sealer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Ok now

Im not much one on write ups but per the contest i will here.
I will give my Pro/Cons

First lets unbox and show whats in the box.
ivs.jpg

ifs1.jpg

A roll of bags, some pre made bags, Bottle sealer hose, power cord and instructions.
ifs2.jpg

I like that you can take the cord off so you dont have it flopping all over the counter and the cord port has a cover.
ifs3.jpg

Do read the instructions before you start to vac seal.

I like that the pre made bags has a notch for easy opening. I do not know if the bags are Inkbird bags or not
ifs4.jpg

The vac sealer has a dry function, wet function, seal, vac & seal and stop button.

Ok lets seal some salumi.
ifs5.jpg

There, it was fairly fast and did a good job on pulling the vac.
ifs6.jpg

More salumi.
ifs7.jpg

Bag cutting from the roll.
You cut with the bag over the top and slide cut from the left to right.
ifs9.jpg

Ok pretty easy simple vac sealer.

Now for my pro/cons

Pros
Light weight
Easy to use buttons
Not very loud
seal button
vac & seal button
Wet function
power cord can be disconnected
small countertop footprint

Cons
You will need to press the ends down to lock the top before it will vac. There is a lock button on each end. Would be better with a locking lever.
Not a big fan of the top cutter for a bag.
No power on/off that i can find

So if your looking for a good quality vac sealer then try the Inkbird.

Thanks Inkbird for the contest
ifs8.jpg

I got mine also. Took me a minute to figure out how to lock. Not sure about this yet. Time will tell. The foodsaver I have is huge and this is a nice size. I can keep in drawer and just bring out when needed.

How does it do with wet food items? My foodsaver always has trouble with those.

the bottle sealer hose looks short
what does it work with?
can it be used with the regular and wide mouth jar canister vac sealer?
No. It will not work on mason jars. Its way to small.

how is the repeatability to pull vacuum on multiple bags in a row? The 2 I have now stop pulling vacuum on about the 4th bag until it cools down.

I did 3 bags right in a row and didnt have any issues.

the bottle sealer hose looks short
what does it work with?
can it be used with the regular and wide mouth jar canister vac sealer?

You'll still need to get the mason jar attachment to do the regular or wide mouth jars. That hose will work with the mason jar attachments. My LEM came with that type of hose. I didn't care for it. I got the type that plugs into the jar attachment.

mason sealer.jpg

Notice this hose plugs directly into the mason jar attachment. The one from InkBird will form a vacuum on top of the attachment. So you'll need to hold it there until you start the sealer. Not a big deal. I just prefer to have it plugged in.

Last edited:
I like the size of this. It would be nice to have on vacations. Often I'll buy items unique to the area. And worry about it going bad before I get home. Can you add the dimensions of this please?

I found it. I'll need to check when I get home. But I think it might not be as big overall. But the length seems the same at about 15" It is not as deep though. Height, I'm thinking a tad less.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky