Inkbird IHT-1P Review

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 27, 2018
Knoxville, TN
So I was in the market for another instant-read thermometer and given the outstanding products Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq has been putting out lately I thought I would try theirs out. Boy was a I happy I did.

I didn't get any pictures of the packing it came in but it came packaged very well in a box very securely as to not bang around in the shipping process. I compared it to my javelin pro instant read and they are close to the same size and weight. The Inkbird however came with a charging cable and is fully rechargeable. This is probably my favorite feature of the unit. The javelin takes those watch batteries that you never have sitting around the house.

I have a couple other inkbird products so I knew doing the ice water/boiling water test was not needed. The probes are normally right on point so this one I knew would be as well. Finally got to put the unit to work on Thanksgiving this year.

Here are a few pics of the unit in action...

Started out on a double smoked ham.
Inkbird.jpg

Then into a smoked spatched turkey.
Inkbird2.jpg

Used it on a couple steaks on the grill the other night. Sorry for the blurry pic.
ST3.jpg

The verdict: this thing was spot on! I have used it several other times as well and not had to charge it once yet. Slides right into my back pocket and is not bulky whatsoever.

The backlight is bright and comes on every time without having to press a button. Doing a lot of smoking and grilling at night time this comes in handy!

For the $20 price I don't think you are going to find a better quality unit that you know you can trust to be correct every time. I am thinking of purchasing a few of them to give out as Christmas presents this year.

Another quality product at a fair price point from Inkbirdbbq Inkbirdbbq ...Would highly recommend to anyone in the market!

Here is the link if you are interested:

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky