Inkbird IBT-4XC - which app?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BadDoggie

Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
Hi all,

New member here, great community!
I’ve just bought this thermometer about a week ago, and can’t get the unit to stay connected to my iPhone with the 2 apps I’ve tried.
First I tried “BBQ GO”, - It connects perfectly and quickly first time, but as soon as I close the app I lose connection & get alarms that it’s disconnected. Opening app connects again immediately. I then tried GrillEye, which looks the same, stays connected slightly longer and then fails.

I bought this for long cooks, and want to use the alarms! Is there a recommended app where I can get a stable connection?

Solis Thermo for the Tenergy therm is what I use for my Soraken therm. The inkbird app hasn't been updated since 11.10.18. It's best to use a different device for online searches etc when the BT app is running so frequent jumping in and out of apps won't crash the BT app. I have six apps downloaded so I know when they get updated. Solis Thermo app was updated last August.

Hi all,

I’ve just bought this thermometer about a week ago, and can’t get the unit to stay connected to my iPhone with the 2 apps I’ve tried.
First I tried “BBQ GO”, - It connects perfectly and quickly first time, but as soon as I close the app I lose connection & get alarms that it’s disconnected. Opening app connects again immediately. I then tried GrillEye, which looks the same, stays connected slightly longer and then fails.

I bought this for long cooks, and want to use the alarms! Is there a recommended app where I can get a stable connection?
I used Inkbird pro from app store with ios 14. the app needs some work as it's counter-intuitive, but i didn't read the instructions. 5 hour cook yesterday. 2 probes. wish they would ask for feedback and implement. also pairing is a bitch. i ended up using the "slow flash" method. you have to have 2.4ghz network available

Thanks for the quick responses. I’ll try a couple of these for sure.

you don't wanna use the Inkbird app itself???

BBQ Go is the one that’s linked in the manual, made by Inkbird. I also searched for inkbird in the AppStore and got about 6 or 7 results, all with poor reviews, so didn’t know if there was any better than others.

re: Inkbird Pro - the IBT-4XS is only Bluetooth, not WiFi, does this app work with both? I saw on another thread someone said the Inkbird Plus is the newer app… have you also tried that?

Hi all,

zorry, wasnt paying attention. i have the BBQ-4t

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky