• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Injecting 3 day old brine

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009
I got the hankering for some pastrami so I tossed a marbly trip tip in batch of Pop's cure brine on Sunday. My new injector just arrived yesterday. I'm wondering if my brine would be ok to inject today or has it already done enough of its magic to make it unfit for injecting. I know I could just make up another batch, but I'm not really wanting to use up that much of my sugar and salt supplies right now. 

Any thoughts??

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I would still inject it.   Cant hurt.

pit 4 brains

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Dec 16, 2009

I would still inject it.   Cant hurt.

shoot it up.., it'lll be fine.

HT
And so it is done.. 

The brine looked a little darker, and I was concerned that it had pulled too much of the meat juice that it would not be good to ram it back in. 

While i was injecting, the meat was pretty firm and rigid so the initial soak was doing it's job for sure.

I really thought I'd get beat up for making pastrami out of tri tip when so many peeps can't get them. They're a dime a dozen here.

Thanks fellas..

-Pit

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.