Initial run of Inkbird IBT-6XS

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Danno44

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 8, 2018
Finally got around to using my new Inkbird IBT-6XS.
Very easy to charge, update and pair with phone.
Tested the probes and all were between 211-212 for boiling water.
Smoking some pork loins on the Bronco.
Little tweaks to dampers but holding steady. So far during initial run, very pleased with the unit.
It’s going to be a short smoke, but 1 hour in now and still 100% battery.
obOpP32.png

A little info I've found out from mine. Keep your battery charged. It wears down quicker as time goes on. Also, do not run the Thermo with the charger plugged in. It reads very inaccurate when it's plugged in.

A little info I've found out from mine. Keep your battery charged. It wears down quicker as time goes on. Also, do not run the Thermo with the charger plugged in. It reads very inaccurate when it's plugged in.
Thanks for the info! Only ran it for 2 hours, stayed at 100%. Will see how it does with a brisket or a butt soon.

Thanks for the info! Only ran it for 2 hours, stayed at 100%. Will see how it does with a brisket or a butt soon.
That's when the graph comes in handy so you can go back and see when the stall started to get an idea after a few hours, if your at 225 etc., to estimate when it'll come out of it. With brisket, butts and ribs at 275 it never flat line stalled.

Honestly at my house I only get about 40ish feet if it's in my (open) garage and I'm inside the house. One exterior and 2-3 interior walls. No pine trees in the area.

Reactions: JBPilot
What’s the range on the IBC-6xs? It doesn’t have the 1500’ range does it?
I have no issues anywhere in my house, including basement area. They advertise 150 ft. I’ll be using it again tomorrow and will test the limits on it.

Reactions: JBPilot
Thanks, I look forward to hearing. I like the idea of 6 probes but don’t know if I want to give up that much range.

Correct:emoji_heavy_check_mark:

Finally got around to using my new Inkbird IBT-6XS.
Very easy to charge, update and pair with phone.
Tested the probes and all were between 211-212 for boiling water.
Smoking some pork loins on the Bronco.
Little tweaks to dampers but holding steady. So far during initial run, very pleased with the unit.
It’s going to be a short smoke, but 1 hour in now and still 100% battery.
obOpP32.png
Awesome feedback!:emoji_heartbeat::emoji_heartbeat:

Guess too many barrier walls:emoji_laughing:

Yeah, I'm over the whole Bluetooth thing myself. It isn't just regarding thermos either. I've overall found Bluetooth tech to be "ok" but lacking in many areas. Short range, very susceptible to interference, etc. Especially with any device that requires it's own app to utilize. That's a whole other layer of issues.

I'm waiting for the next wireless tech, hoping it will be better than the last.

Yeah, I'm over the whole Bluetooth thing myself. It isn't just regarding thermos either. I've overall found Bluetooth tech to be "ok" but lacking in many areas. Short range, very susceptible to interference, etc. Especially with any device that requires it's own app to utilize. That's a whole other layer of issues.

I'm waiting for the next wireless tech, hoping it will be better than the last.
Thank you for the feedback my friend!!!
We will improve our product and app to offer you guys better experience!

Hugs,

Miya

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky