Infusion BBQ Pressure Cooker (INDOOR Smoker/Pressure Cooker)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

malisaw

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jan 13, 2011
Gainesville, Ga USA
OK, stumbled on this thing and wondered if anyone has tried this, or much less even heard of it?

503cfb4e_SmokerPressureCooker.jpg

[h1]The Only Indoor Pressure Smoker.[/h1]
This is the indoor pressure smoker that cooks barbecue brisket in only one hour--five times faster than traditional methods. Combining a pressure cooker and smoker in one appliance, the device increases the internal pressure by 15 psi, cooking food up to 70% faster while causing wood chips to release their fragrant, flavor-enhancing smoke. The internal chamber requires only three to five wood chips (not included) to impart authentic barbecue smoke flavor onto food and all of the hot smoke is contained inside the vessel until the pressure is released. An adjustable four-level rack holds up to 4 lbs. of food--from sausages and ribs to a whole chicken. The pressure smoker also cold smokes cheese or fish, it can sear food prior to pressure smoking, and allows use as a traditional pressure cooker. With a digital timer. Plugs into AC. 11 1/2" H x 13" W x 11" D. (13 lbs.)

Item 79504

$199.95

http://www.hammacher.com/Product/79504?promo=Home&catid=0

The Indoor Pressure Smoker is  also available at QVC under the Cooks' Essential Line for $127.00 

I bought this last week from QVC as a supplement to my 30" MES; and since I've spent $130 on a lot more foolish things, figured I'd give it a try.  Did some chicken breasts with mesquite that came out a little dry (I was still trying to figure out timing) but was full of that smoky flavor throughout!  It even had a nice smoke ring.  Did 4lbs of country style ribs last night in 40min with some applewood,hickory,and oak-and they came out moist, falling off the bone.  The capacity is a little limiting, but it definitely delivers on the selling point of quickly infusing meat with that smoky flavor and cooking it quickly. Wife thought chicken was "too smoky" (probably more due to choice of mesquite), but thought the ribs were delicious.  You can use it as a a standard pressure cooker (though I will probably only use it as a smoker as there is a distinctive smoky odor left behind) and it browns, steams, etc.  NExt smoke I do with this, I'll start a new thread and take pictures.  All in all-I'm satisfied with the purchase-perfect for apartment dwellers who want some good BBQ or for someone who wants the flavor fast.  I wont be getting rid of my MES anytime soon, but the next time i get a hankering for some ribs at the last minute, I'll definitely fire this baby up.

This unit is sacreledge. How is a guy/gal gonna kick back and enjoy the world. Not for me.......... and I think Cwalk would also agree.

This is from this morning and I am on his side.

Can't do that in front of an electric pressure/cooker/smoker.

"QUOTATION from http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...e-is-no-reason-to-cook-over-8-hrs#post_653724"
  • FIXME: needs styling from "post-user-info"
  • Cwalk
  • Whooooo pig soooie
  • badge_smokeblower.v1305918900.png
I get a 12pk of my favorite beer whenever I smoke, and almost always my meat is usually done at the end of that 12pk. Be it brisket, ribs, chicken. It just seems to play out that way. lol. I prefer long low smokes so I can sit out back with my beer in one hand and tongs in the other.

Last edited:
I bought this last week from QVC as a supplement to my 30" MES; and since I've spent $130 on a lot more foolish things, figured I'd give it a try.  Did some chicken breasts with mesquite that came out a little dry (I was still trying to figure out timing) but was full of that smoky flavor throughout!  It even had a nice smoke ring.  Did 4lbs of country style ribs last night in 40min with some applewood,hickory,and oak-and they came out moist, falling off the bone.  The capacity is a little limiting, but it definitely delivers on the selling point of quickly infusing meat with that smoky flavor and cooking it quickly. Wife thought chicken was "too smoky" (probably more due to choice of mesquite), but thought the ribs were delicious.  You can use it as a a standard pressure cooker (though I will probably only use it as a smoker as there is a distinctive smoky odor left behind) and it browns, steams, etc.  NExt smoke I do with this, I'll start a new thread and take pictures.  All in all-I'm satisfied with the purchase-perfect for apartment dwellers who want some good BBQ or for someone who wants the flavor fast.  I wont be getting rid of my MES anytime soon, but the next time i get a hankering for some ribs at the last minute, I'll definitely fire this baby up.
welcome1.gif
   Glad to have you with us!

The cooker sounds interesting.

JarHead, I just bought one.  I see you only posted once but hope I can get you to post more.  How long are you cooking ribs for?

Sorry all, I haven't really had any time to post (we have a newborn that has been taking up most of my attention).  Bacardi, Ribs take between 40-50 minutes and they are fall off the bone tender and moist.  Was hoping to get to smoke this weekend-I'll definitely post pictures if I do.  And again, this is a great supplemental smoker to a full sized one; it works great, but I wont be getting rid of my MES.  

Ill agree with alot of the guys.......  Fast is ok for some things, but to me nothing beats long waits for your meat to be just perfectly  done... I also have a newborn at home, well shes 4 mnths now and it gives me a mommy break to go outside and check on the smoker
yahoo.gif

Love it.  Everything I have cooked has been delicious.  We travel in an RV fulltime and this has been a great reward.  I cook foods so much quicker and with so much flavor.  Only had trouble with the browning element the first time I tried it.....it browned ok, but then it shut off and would not come on again.  Sent it back and they replaced it with a brand new one.  Haven't used it yet as I just got it back.   Going to fix a Brisket today and we will see how it does.  I have all the faith it will be delicious.  I highly recommend it.  We bought our unit from QVC for 129.00.  Also purchased the chips and rub from QVC and I love those flavors.   Give it a try.     Miss Tee

I am really interested in this product for it's ability to cold smoke things.  I want to play around with that feature and only for home use, so not interested in investing in something giant or expensive so this looks really great to me.  Any thoughts or experience on using the cold smoke feature?  I for sure want to try it on fish and maybe cheese and/or meats.

I am really interested in this product for it's ability to cold smoke things.  I want to play around with that feature and only for home use, so not interested in investing in something giant or expensive so this looks really great to me.   Any thoughts or experience on using the cold smoke feature?  I for sure want to try it on fish and maybe cheese and/or meats.
Foodie, Evening.  Interested in cold smoking thing like cheese, bacon, nuts etc............

Invest in the Amazing smoker. About 50 bucks with woods of your choice. You can put it in a cardboard box to smoke stuff. You can put it in your smoker to have controlled smoke while cooking stuff.  For the money and versatility it IS the best smoke generator on the market IMNSHO (in my not so humble opinion). No electricity needed to run it. No fans to break. Light it and forget it.

There........that should convince you.......if not...........PM bearcarver......hang on to your hat when he responds........being this is your first post and you are not up-to-date on modern conviences for smoking food........stick around and learn what the dedicated, food loving, backyard smokers, chefs and all the others have learned and developed on this site. This is by far the best place to learn. You have ventured into territory that excels in the art of smoked food.......enjoy the long smokey ride........

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky