Infrared thermometer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Steve H

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2018
Newark New York
I've used infrared thermometers and thermal imaging cameras at works for years. And the other day I read post on FB about using them to check grill grid temps for a good sear. Makes sense to me.

P1110393.JPG

15.00 on amazon. I'll try it out soon.

I've got a cheaper pocket one from harbor freight about10 yrs ago for $10. Think the high temp maxes around 400 on mine. If yours works even ½ decent...for $15 I see an upgrade in my future.

Hey that looks good. As does the pic in the background :emoji_sunglasses: I got one the other day too.

Reactions: Steve H
Those things are fantastic for checking the heat on a flat top or a CI pan!
Al

I never thought about that until the other day. This 15.00 gun is better then my 15 year old 100.00 gun I keep at work. Nice features on this one.

I have one that I use for checking my CI pan temperature. It’s also used to check for heat loss in my home during the winter.

But mainly, it’s used for tantlizing my dogs! They know the drawer it’s in, so they perk up when I’m near there.

Like minds here! My dog goes bat sh!t over it. For checking heat loss. I just borrow the thermal imaging camera from work. I just can't get the wife to let me buy one of those. I mean, it's only 9000.00 for that one....

Those things are more helpful than someone would think lol. Like if you ever need to grill ribs or wanna quick check on chicken without getting the stabby pens out hahaha.
I used one for doing coffee bean roasting like noboundries posts about.
I also use it for another food related journey I have been on but am not yet ready to share hahahhaa... but maybe soon :)

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky