• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Including other members' Avatars and screen names in post

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Recently I posted my smoked cheese procedure (Cheese. . .Cheese. . . Oh Cheese!) and received several likes from several members. At the time I thanked them for the likes I found a thread that explained how to include their avatar and screen name in my post but for the life of me I can't remember how it was done and can't find the thread.

Can anyone help me with this again?

Thanks John

DanMcG

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 3, 2009
Hmmm, I've seen it but never attempted it.
Well I tried a few things but I'm clueless too....following .

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
For those who are interested. . .All you have to do is type @ followed by the member's screen name.

When their avatar and screen name pops up as you are typing, just click on their name and voila!

Do not put a space between the @ and the name. Also, if you are listing multiple names do not put any spaces between them.

John

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
thanks for asking this...I have wondered who this magic happened.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.