In Memorium to My Smoking Buddy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 23, 2011
Everett, WA
We lost Issabell last night to complications from cancer. She was ostensibly my daughter's dog, but she knew who made the BBQ around here. She was my taste tester, and a great
20170812_195756.jpg
20170101_134319.jpg
friend. Taking her to her final visit to the vet last night was the hardest thing we've had to do in a very long time. It is a deep, deep wound to the heart.
We love you, Izzy. And we'll never forget you.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Pets can become just like family members, and dogs the most so. It's tough to cope, I wish you and your family well.

Hard to deal with, I don't know of anyone that handles it very well, time heals.

Sorry man.

Losing a pet is like losing one of your children. Truly painful. They really have your heart. My dog boy is guarding the wife right now. But time seems to help. Give it a chance. God Bless. Rusty

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your loss. It's never easy.

Chris

That is tough . Last time I went thru this it took 3 years before I got another one . Take time , keep the memory

Sorry for your lost it is one of life's most difficult moments. We know how you feel as we have been there many times. It for sure leaves a void in your life.

Warren

That is a tough thing to do and to handle, We had to do it with our saint last november and we find all kinds of things reminding us of him, we even call our other dog his name every now and then, they become a member of the family just the same as we do. My condolences to you and the family.

Condolences to you and family. I know how tough it can be.

My heart goes out to you, as I too know how much it hurts.
I was useless when we lost our "Shadow" (Lab Mix). RIP Buddy.
We got a Cat since, but will never get another Dog.

Bear

May your heart and sole heal in time. Dogs are the best companions and friends. They are always unconditional. Losing them is losing a family member. I lost my first dog Jack two years ago to cancer (he is my avatar). Sorry this happened to your pup as well. May they meet at the rainbow bridge.

Reactions: ExOnMS
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky