Impress the family and give the wife a break!!!!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

masonman1345

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 7, 2010
Orangefield Texas
This is one of my favorite recipes, I dont think it has been posted but it needs to be.

Ingrediants

Chicken pieces (Legs/Thighs) seem to work best

Large can of cream of Chicken

Large can of Cream of Mshroom

Potatoes peeled and chunked

Onion pealed and chuncked

Now place a flat layer of chicken in your 12" deep Lodge dutch oven, Next layer over with potatoes, then a layer of onions. Top all that with your cream of chicken.

Next layer steps again then top with your cream of mushroom.

Add your favorite seasoning.

Now put 18 coals on top and 9 coals on bottom, that will make your cook temp approx. 350 degrees.

cook for aprox 30 to 45 min or untill done.

Chicken pieces internal temp should be about 180 degrees and potatoes tender.

Make a pot of rice using beef broth instead of water.

serve dish over rice top with parsley

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

icon_cool.gif

Now your recipe sounds really good and all but my wife hardly cooks. I do most of it and the kids tell her that I do the cooking period. Now thats one style of cooking that I haven't gotten into yet but there's still time I have a little longer on this big planet they say.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky