I'm new to Smoking!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johanna Stam

Original poster
Jun 8, 2019
I'm Johanna Stam and I live in Gananoque Ontario. I am a former nurse and currently drive school bus. We just got our first smoker and will be trying it out today!!! Excited to learn the ins and outs of smoking---but will have to train myself to premeditate my meals so the meat can be thawed out! Have already looked through some of the posts here and think this is an awesome site with lots of experience to learn from-thank you all

Just make sure to season your smoker first!

That means run it up to max temp for a few hours to burn off any icky chemicals left over from manufacturing :)

Reactions: JC in GB
Welcome to the site, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

our first 'smoke' was chicken drumsticks and I made a dry rub- they were wonderful!!!
then being brave we had company the next day and I used the same rub on chicken breasts and I used hickory wood chips --and every one had a very happy tummy!!!
Am excited to try again this weekend

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky