im new to BBQ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

links16877

Original poster
Sep 26, 2007
well im new to this all i grill but have wanted to get a smoker and i got a nice brinkman smoke n pit i have grilled on it and now im hoping to smoke some cheese im hopeing it wont melt all over my grill wish me luck on my new hobbiei also do photography but i have not felt that feeling to go out and shut so may be i can try this and it will get me out of a rut ant thinking out side the box ill let yall know how it goes

First off Welcome, you will love it here, many many good people willing to help out.Secondly, Not to be a meanie or anything but your post is kinda hard to follow without commas or periods, must be the excitement of this place. Need help with anything give an oink and someone will be with you as soon as possible.

Welcome to the SMF family
icon_exclaim.gif

With the photography background hopefully we can see some good Q-view.
icon_wink.gif

You may want to check out Jeff's 5-day ecourse
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Lots of good info on smoking there
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Welcome to SMF, links- is that like "sausage" links or is it a golf course thing?
biggrin.gif

It was mentioned to sign-up of the 5-day ecourse, you'll get a great deal of info from it. Also, check out the various forums and see what others have done. You'll be saying to yourself "I didn't know they could smoke THAT!!!"

Enjoy!

Welcome to the forum....Remember low and slow,thin and blue....You can use the search tool to hlep you find answers to just about any question you have. What you can't find just ask and someone will surely get back to you with an answer.

All the best

Charles

Never did cheese myself. Maybe you need to search the forum and check temps, sounds like you may have been to hot.

Where are you from?

Sorry bout your bad luck, but hey practice makes perfect they say. From my experience with cheese, start off with about 4 pieces of charcoal and just a few little pieces of wood, should be just about all you need. The cheese shouldn't be on any longer than an hour IMO. Use cheese cloth or if you don't have any of that you can slightly freeze your cheese before going on the smoker. Oh yeah one more thing, you can also put a container with ice in your smoker to keep your temps down. Good luck.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky