I'm looking for small bite things I can throw on the smoker and pull out as we desire.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

biaviian

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Including me, it is just two adults and two young children for the 31st. I usually use a combination of a fryer, oven, and smoker to have small bite appetizers throughout the evening. This year I want to simplify it and put all of it on my Camp Chef pellet smoker. I have the sear box and a few 1/2" slabs of steel I use for pizza and bread.

My go-to for appetizers are meatballs, poppers, wings, mac-n-cheese, and beans. I did bacon candy but that isn't in the regular rotation. This is the perfect time to be creative or try new things because it is just us. I always have my pizza dough chilling in the fridge so it is ready in an emergency.

I highly recommend Spam. Seriously! I score it deeply in a diamond pattern, put on a light coat of yellow mustard and coat fairly heavily on all sides with Jeff's rub. When the scored loaf opens up like "Bloomin' Onion" it is ready. It tastes nothing like your typical fried Spam and everyone I have given some to absolutely loves it. I have tried it without scoring and don't like it as well as the scoring allows the smoke to penetrate the loaf much more

I highly recommend Spam. Seriously! I score it deeply in a diamond pattern, put on a light coat of yellow mustard and coat fairly heavily on all sides with Jeff's rub. When the scored loaf opens up like "Bloomin' Onion" it is ready. It tastes nothing like your typical fried Spam and everyone I have given some to absolutely loves it. I have tried it without scoring and don't like it as well as the scoring allows the smoke to penetrate the loaf much more

I love Spam but it swelled the only time I smoked it. Is that because I didn't score it? I just threw the entire chunk in the smoker.

I use cheese and a sweet rub in my pork shots, also moinks and abts are good finger foods. Heck I even made a blooming onion on my kettle a couple of times. A good fatty can serve as an appetizer also. If your interested at all I have the shots, moinks, fatty, and blooming onion in my signature.

Chris

I use cheese and a sweet rub in my pork shots, also moinks and abts are good finger foods. Heck I even made a blooming onion on my kettle a couple of times. A good fatty can serve as an appetizer also. If your interested at all I have the shots, moinks, fatty, and blooming onion in my signature.

Chris

We aren't a fan of fatties. I've never head of moinks but it looks like what I do but I often stuff them with cheese. Sometimes I do more of a traditional meatball that may or may not be stuffed. I'm planning with ABTs. I just call them poppers because it is easier for those that haven't had one.

I love Spam but it swelled the only time I smoked it. Is that because I didn't score it? I just threw the entire chunk in the smoker.

Most likely because you didn't score it. I cut about 2/3 of the way through the loaf in a criss cross pattern of 3-4 cuts each direction. The loaf will open up at the scores by at least half an inch. I have not checked internal temp, but just pull it when it "blooms".

Alright! GOT TO LOVE THE SPAM! Have to give this a try. Never even thought about the spam. My wife hates the stuff which is great because its more for me. Thank you for bringing that up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky