I'm back in the saddle again...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Awesome looking cook! And glad the beer pole got to come out and play as well!

Ryan
Thank you very much Ryan and for the like. The beer pole never skipped a beat.

Perfect! Who ever knew that a beer on a post could mean so much to so many! That meat looks perfect, I love the idea of doing the vortex as an upside down sear. I’ve only done that by accident🤣 Great work!

Thanks Jed and for the like also. I've heard rumors that the Smithsonian wants it when it retires. They have a very long wait.

Gals you are back at it Chris! Steaks and ham look awesome.

Appreciate that very much Jeff and for the like.

Chris

Kettle is the king of grilling!
1 of those porterhouse would be more than a meal for both of us. Wife demands much less pink though

Thanks Fueling and for the point, They were big, but we got two meals each out of them. I'm lucky my wife loves hers rare as rare can be. Almost to the point that the nerve endings are still twitching.

Great meal Chris!! Gotta love porters. But I'm afraid you took mine off just a tad too soon--I'd feel obligated to feed it. :emoji_joy: :emoji_joy:
Gary

Appreciate it Gary and for the like. You would have been happy with the tail of the porter. It was a good medium rare.

All right that's it! I'm installing a beer Pole!...
All looks great chris!!... I'm a fan of bbq on my ham steaks too.... Also a mix of brown sugar and mustard.... Enjoy the PBRs!!

Thank you muchly Travis. The beer pole is the best invention I've ever created by accident. It comes in so handy. I did enjoy the PBRs and I will give the mustard and BS a try next time.

Chris

GMC, Good looking meat on the grill, don't get too comfortable it will probably snow heavily again ! :emoji_laughing:

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but this is my weekend to work. After 12hr shifts I'm kinda tired.

Heck yes Chris. That looks fantastic. Very nice work. I’d tear that all up.
Thank you Smokin and for the like, they were really good.

Forgot to poke.
They do have coozies for #ers. Probably not needed up yonder there until what June?

That' PBR was a 16oz'er. In June they go down a whole lot quicker. Thanks for the like also.

Glad to see you all saddled back up bud. Great looking day to me

Glad to be back Brian. The first really nice day. I couldn't resist breaking out the kettle.

Chris

This is a great “post.” I must know more about the beer pole.

First Sven thanks for the like and compliment. Second are you Norwegian by chance? My fathers parents both came here from Norway. Now onto the beer pole. The beer pole is the quint essential piece of BBQ equipment. It's height and placement are key. While tending the pit your beer is never to be more then a short reach from the grill. It's size is perfect for holding a beer can and only a beer can. Meaning there is nothing blocking your path to a cool refreshing sip of your favorite Covid antibody. While your enjoying your favorite backyard pastime. Grilling and smoking meat.

I like you and the stuff you make.
View attachment 529199

Ah Justin your making me blush. Golly Gee Willikers. Appreciate the like also good buddy.

I just had to "post"this! Steaks look great!

Thanks Steve and for the like. appreciate them.

Chris

Reactions: Sven Svensson
Hope the pole sees a lot of beers this year, Steaks look great, can't beat a kettle

Couldn't agree more Newglide the kettle is top notch, and don't worry about the beer pole it will see plenty of use this year as in years past.

Looks like some excellant eats, also a big salute to the beer pole.

The pole and I thank you very much Jim and for the like.

That steak looks perfect. Nice yard but looks like a lot to mow.

Thank you very much Brian for the kind words and like. The lawn is about an acre and it does take about an hour to mow with the rider. When we first moved here in 88. We(meaning me) mowed it with a push mower. Now that took a long time. However I was in much better shape back then. Now it takes me longer to weed-wack everything.

Chris

Nice work Chris . That's a good lookin steak , and sauce on the ham for me too .

Thanks Rich and for the like. For the first cook of the year I had to go big or go home.

BBQ season is now officially open. The beer pole has shown its self. Great looking steaks!
Jim

Pre-season here Jim. We still may get a big snow storm. They call it sugaring snow this time of year.

Glad to see the beer pole back in action and the kettle fired up. Great looking steaks!

Appreciate it Vol. A few cobwebs and a dusting and we're back.

Chris

All is right with the world again, great to have you back...:emoji_wink:

Glad to be back

Now that's a fine looking steak and a great kick off ! Nice job Chris !!

Keith

Appreciate it Keith and for the like.

Nice. That mug must be cool. I'm a Giants fan, sigh. Lifelong Mets fan, double sigh, lol. I was lucky to attend game 5 of the 73 World Series, nosebleed seats and freezing, but never will forget, Koosman pitched they won. Seaver is my all time favorite. Knicks fan and Rangers too. When the Rangers finally won it all after a 40? or 50? year drought, it was thrilling.

I'll post a pic of the mug later on. It means a lot to me. The last time I remember drinking out of it was in 86 when the Mets beat the Red Sox. Man I was happy that day.

Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
I'm a bit late Chris but welcome back buddy!! Looks like you came back in style too :emoji_laughing: Excellent job!!

Robert

Thanks for the like and compliment Robert. I have a lot of catching up to do.

Excellent looking steaks. Lumber company was out of 4x4 posts . Asked what was up and he said spring is here, " beer post" time. :emoji_laughing:

LOL that's a good one Winter, thanks for the like also

Great looking Steaks, Chris!!
And the PBR !!
Like.

Bear

Appreciate it John and for the like, nothing but the finest micro-brew in the world to go along with a good hunk of meat.

Chris

Chris and his beer pole are back, look out! 😂
Very nice cook man, looks quite tasty!

Appreciate it WHB and for the like.

GMC, Good looking meat on the grill, don't get too comfortable it will probably snow heavily again ! :emoji_laughing:

I know that all to well crazymoon. Sugar snow can come at any moment and hit hard. Thanks for the kind words and like also.

Happy to see the beer pole survived another winter. I was starting to get worried!

Ah no need to worry Kevin, the beer pole always stands tall waiting to be called upon for duty.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: mcokevin
I'll post a pic of the mug later on. It means a lot to me. The last time I remember drinking out of it was in 86 when the Mets beat the Red Sox. Man I was happy that day.
As was I. The emotional roller coaster from Game 6 was enough to cripple me, lol. Then the Buckner "Miracle" and life became great! I'll never forget it or exactly what I was doing and watching, etc. The MEts were truly a powerhouse that year, and they struggled through the playoffs with the Astros, Mike Scott was a killer that year, of course AFTER he left the Mets, then barely won the Series. Guess the Red Sox bad luck was stronger than the Mets.

Reactions: gmc2003
As was I. The emotional roller coaster from Game 6 was enough to cripple me, lol. Then the Buckner "Miracle" and life became great! I'll never forget it or exactly what I was doing and watching, etc. The MEts were truly a powerhouse that year, and they struggled through the playoffs with the Astros, Mike Scott was a killer that year, of course AFTER he left the Mets, then barely won the Series. Guess the Red Sox bad luck was stronger than the Mets.

Even as a Yankee fan living in Red Sox country I had to feel sad for Buckner. A friend of mine dressed up as Billy Buckner for Halloween the next year. He had the full Buckner uniform on with a baseball that was attached to a string that was attached to his glove. He stood in the center of the dance floor bent over at the waist and kept letting the ball go thru his legs. He'd pull it back and do it all over again. It was hilarious. Pissed a few patrons off, but still funnier then hell.

Here's the glass. The colors have faded a bit but it's still in good condition.

DSC02823.JPG

and the other side says World Champions 1969
DSC02825.JPG

Remember I'm 61 and got this when I was 9.

Chris

Even as a Yankee fan living in Red Sox country I had to feel sad for Buckner. A friend of mine dressed up as Billy Buckner for Halloween the next year. He had the full Buckner uniform on with a baseball that was attached to a string that was attached to his glove. He stood in the center of the dance floor bent over at the waist and kept letting the ball go thru his legs. He'd pull it back and do it all over again. It was hilarious. Pissed a few patrons off, but still funnier then hell.

Here's the glass. The colors have faded a bit but it's still in good condition.

View attachment 562457

and the other side says World Champions 1969
View attachment 562458

Remember I'm 61 and got this when I was 9.

Chris
WOW! Nice, takes me back. I felt sorry for Buckner after a few years. It seemed improbable, he was an All Star and a great infielder his whole career. He was a good sport about it and still is. Have you ever seen Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with him in it? It's hilarious. Oh, that looks like the perfect size mug too.

WOW! Nice, takes me back. I felt sorry for Buckner after a few years. It seemed improbable, he was an All Star and a great infielder his whole career. He was a good sport about it and still is. Have you ever seen Curb Your Enthusiasm episode with him in it? It's hilarious. Oh, that looks like the perfect size mug too.

No, I haven't seen Curb your Enthusiasm. I'll have to look for it. I have seen interviews and he seemed to have finally accept it, as have most of the Red Sox nation around here.

Chris

Let me know if you can find it. It's on HBO, Starring Larry David. It's a series, 10 seasons. You won't be disappointed. I'm smirking just thinking about that Buckner episode. Buckner is a very good sport.

Let me know if you can find it. It's on HBO, Starring Larry David. It's a series, 10 seasons. You won't be disappointed. I'm smirking just thinking about that Buckner episode. Buckner is a very good sport.

Will do.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky