I'm baaaack.... :)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke in mn2

Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
Hi guys,

Been away from the smokin' scene for a awhile (long story), but I'm back with a new Masterbuilt 30"  electric smoker. YES!!!!

Happy girl!! :D

I want to smoke a beef brisket for the 4th. I just got Jeff's cook book and there's a couple recipes in there for brisket. anyone have any comments, suggestions or advice for me? I've never cooked beef brisket before in my life, so I really do not know where to start except for what's in Jeff's cook book and on line. not that I don't trust him, just looking to see if anyone has some extra little tip I need to be aware of. Thanks

Welcome back.

I am definitely not the most knowlegable guy on here but the few things I've learned with my brisket cooks is use a thermometer, don't rush the cook - a nice long cook will make for a juicy and tender brisket and wrap cooked brisket in foil and then a few towels/a blanket and put in cooler to rest for at least 30 min or more.

Good luck

Reactions: smoke in mn2
texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky