I'll get there some day!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigarm's smokin

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Apr 19, 2007
BigArm MT
Hey, are there any people in NW MT who would be willing to help me learn more about BBQ? I have bought books, been on the internet, and practiced on my home made, off set fire box, smoker, for about three years. I make what I would consider, "fair" BBQ, but I am pretty much ignorant of how things should be. I grew up here and, as everyone else in Montana, thought that BBQ, was made on a grill. My beautiful southern friends finally made this Montana boy aware of what real "BBQ" was. Now I can't get enough of it! I thank you in advance. TC

I thank you! I will holler at you as soon as I learn a little more about how to use this site. I'm not exactly a rocket scientist when it comes to these gol darn computers. TC

TC, there is a wealth of info here, and since you're using an offset, check out the Charcoal Burnners and Stick (Wood) Burner Forums in the Smoking Equipment section. You may want to sign up for Tulsa Jeff's Smoking Basics 5-day eCourse, it's full of good info plus it's free.

We can pretty much answer any question you may have about smoking foods, so ask away-somebody will provide an answer.

Enjoy!!

Welcome to a great site with loads of help from very friendly people. Please feel free to share your smoking adventures and also take advantage of the knowledge shared by others. Most of all have fun.

TC -

You've come to the right place! We've smoked just about everything here. There's a person with just about every kind of smoker, fuel and experiance level. Just look around and check it all out!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky