I'll be trying jumbo chicken drummies this weekend. How do I go about it?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Think you'll over do 'em. Try this...Par boil the night before, remove from water, pat dry(yes they will be hot) smother them in italian dressing, chopped onion, and spices of your choice. Put them in a freezer bag, seal tight, and in the fridg. Remove, the next morning let them get to room temp, then, put in smoker when you have an hour left, check frequently and turn. Then in a pot on the inside stove, two sticks of real butter, one bottle of hot sauce, simmer. When you remove the ribs, do your thing and let the drummies skin get well done. When well done ,skin shoulb be crisp, ok if black a little, take the drummies off the grill and place in a big bowl. pour butter and hot sauce mix all over and hand stir being careful not to tear them apart. Let sit for 15 minutes or more and enjoy.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

biggrin.gif
On chix...with any bone in, I do it, and let it soak in the juices. Your goal on the skin is to loosen it from the meat. Which when you soak it the meat actually absorbs the water. I only say this because of, well , go to a chix farm and see.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif
Never be afraid to try new things, you never know.

Ex restraunt manager, and comercial kitchen director.
biggrin.gif

Leorousseau I smoked a couple of whole chickens on fathers day and I brined them overnight first. This is what I used for the brine and they were awesome. I also have soaked legs in apple juice and they were great.
2 gallons water
2 cups kosher salt
3cups sugar
1/3 cup molasses
4 tbs garlic powder
4 tbs onion powder
1 tbs course black pepper
2 tbs fresh rosemary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky