• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Ice Strom hit

culpepersmoke

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 16, 2010
Wife had a couple steaks out but frankly I wasn't excited about cooking outside. I had a nice oak fire going in the fireplace. I let it die down to coals and put the steaks on. Wish I had taken a shot of them plated but they came out perfect, a little char on the outside and a nice red on the inside. You could really taste the wood smoke flavoring.

leah elisheva

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2013
That's so magical, romantic, and amazing! BRAVO to you both! I bet it was absolutely delicious, and fun! Cheers! - Leah

disco

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 31, 2012
Great idea! I bow to the innovator!

Disco

palladini

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 23, 2013
Yes, very good thinking, I bet it is some nasty there after the progression of storms you folks have had.

mneeley490

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 23, 2011
That brings back memories. We used to do that when the wife and I were young and poor. Well, poorer than we are now anyway.

The kids used to think it was great when we'd break out the marshmallows!

Now we are in a house with a gas fireplace that isn't worth a darn.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.