i would really like to see

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scotty

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Aug 28, 2007
Lecanto Florida
everyone who signs into the SMF to at least post the state or country they are from/in.

Part of the adventure of web communucation for me at least is knowing that i have been talking to folks from all over the USA and the globe also.
PDT_Armataz_01_22.gif

And also have them go to Roll Call first...before running around asking questions that are answered in the Ecourse, or on the left side of their screen. Maybe make it part of the signup... "Go to Roll Call and give us a clue before we waste 15 posts tryin' to figger out your dilemma with incomplete information. Write off those ribs if yer two hours in and asking THAT question!"

Not that i don't want to help, but it's hard if:
A> Ya got no CLUE as to what they are cooking on/with.
B> No idea what their experience level is.
C> You are supposed to repeat info readily available elsewhere if they just got some basic instruction on how to get it/where to look, which the Ecourse addresses.

Sorry it just irks me sometimes, and I'm a bit on the grumpy side anyway ;{)

Can I get you a Midol Rich? :D

I don't mind the questions at all. And I know that Roll Call wasn't the first place I made my presence known. So as long as most of them make it over there and give us a proper introduction, I don't care if they ask first if they need the help.

I ONLY care because it fustrates me not having the info to answer. I'm an engineer. Ask me anything, but give me the data to make the question relevant.
"I burnt my ribs. HELP!" Well, heck eat 'em raw or turn down the heat, or pull 'em off before 25 hours...is all I can answer that with. Did ya cook 'em at 2700 in a kiln?

I hear ya. More than willing to try to help or atleast lend my 2 cents, but sometimes you just don't have near enough info to get started with the attempt.

But, I guess I can relate to being so lost that I did not know exactly what to ask or what info was needed as well.

Kind of see both sides of things I suppose.

Now that I'm part of SMF I know that my information is safe here and that most of the folks here are just interested in Q, cookin' and family and friends.

But when I first signed up, I was hesitant about giving out too much info, especially with all the identity theft, phishing and other stuff going on. The longer I've been here, the more my profile has been filled out.

I agree that it's nice to know where people are from and knowing their setup is sometimes crucial to helping them. But just like in any family, some take a little longer to warm up to us and to feel safe.

Let's just do all we can to give 'em that safe feeling as quickly as possible.
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_mrgreen.gif

I think Im going to katmandu.
Thats really, really where Im going to.
If I ever get out of here,
Thats what Im gonna do.
K-k-k-k-k-k katmandu.
I think thats really where Im going to.
If I ever get out of here,
Im going to katmandu.

Sorry it's just that every time I hear the word Katmandu I think about that song.

I think that soon we wil be losing a large number of SMF member to a migration.

This is called thread hijacking also
PDT_Armataz_01_09.gif

Sure, first off we'll get used to the altitude, then take the two week long trip up to base camp! Should be fun. Spen a few days there and go through the Kumbu Icefall. Then head back.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
Tooo...KKKKKatmandu

Not cold at all
icon_rolleyes.gif
At base camp, warm and sunny during the day, good for getting burned to a crisp. And it cools at night to 10-15 below zero. Sweet huh?

scotty,
where abouts in Florida are you from? I'm from Jax, but im at school in Gainesville right now. I dont know how well we would do in 10 - 15 below zero temps haha. What do you think?

Actually it's not that bad, there's no humidity. Ya wind up coughing alot so after a month or so almost all your ribs are cracked. But during the day it's usually nice. So suck it up for the night you whimps..
PDT_Armataz_01_27.gif
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky