I was given smoked salmon and it’s way too wet.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

adelecassone

Original poster
Dec 30, 2020
Hey everyone, I’m new here and i have a question. I was given smoked salmon and it is way to wet for me. I like it drier, with the smoked flavor where you can peel off the layers of salmon. How can I fix this without having a smoker?
Thank you!!!

Put it in your oven at the lowest setting with the door propped open an inch or two and check it every hour until it's done the way you like it. Now is the time to kick it up a little as well by brushing on some real maple syrup and sprinkling on a little black or red pepper flakes. It's best to place the fish on an oiled rack to prevent sticking than place it on a cookie sheet to catch any drips. I like my smoked salmon dryer as well not jerky like but about 1/2 way too jerky where it still flakes nice and easy.

Good luck.
Dan

Hey everyone, I’m new here and i have a question. I was given smoked salmon and it is way to wet for me. I like it drier, with the smoked flavor where you can peel off the layers of salmon. How can I fix this without having a smoker?
Thank you!!!
I would say ‘You Can’t’. Dehydrator?? Maybe, however ‘wet’ sets off alarm bells with me. I would pitch it, as I’ve been smoking Salmon since forever.

Wonder if it is lox. Wouldn't hurt to run it in your oven at 150+ degrees for a couple hours.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky