• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I want to upgrade....

vayank5150

Meat Mopper
Joined Jan 7, 2013
So, my wife bought me an inexpensive Mastrbuilt can smoker for Chrsitmas last year.  I have had fun with it and all of the modifications I had to make in an attempt to actually control the temperature.  However, no matter how much I modify it, there are simply some things it will never do, such as an unattended overnight smoke of a large shoulder, etc.  My birthday is around the corner, and I am considering asking for an upgrade and would like some suggestions.  I enjoy the charcoal style smokers and have attempted to smoke chicken, brisket, shoulder and ribs.  this tends to be where I will probably stay.  Without spending a fortune, what charcoal style smoker would you all recommend for my upgrade?  Thank you all in advance.

garyt

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Apr 6, 2007
Chargriller Akorn, I have one and love it or a Weber Smokey Mountain if you want to buy one or build a UDS yourself with a few tools for under $100. I would buy another Akorn tomorrow if anything happened to the one I have. Next step up is a Ceramic cooker like the Big Green Egg but they are quite a price jump from the first 3.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.