• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I used some of my SALTY deer/pork sausage Q view

masonman1345

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 7, 2010

Pork steak stuffed with Deer/pork sausage and lightly seasoned due to salt in sausage. Turned out better than i expected.

forluvofsmoke

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Aug 27, 2008
Now that's thinking out of the box! See, now that's something I hadn't thought of, and you may very well have stumbled upon a new smoked delight. Yeah, that would work great...low salt meat wrapped over the sausage...heck, it probably was a nice twist from the everyday meats you're accustomed to eating, too.

You found yourself in a pinch, but found a way to make something good come from it. Some of the most creative thinking comes when the chips are down.

Great job! I bet you have more ideas in your un-foreseen arsenal, too, so just go with the flow and let it happen, brother!

Eric

Last edited:

raptor700

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 20, 2010
Those look great! Very nice color on the Pork Steak, Nice Job 

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.