I took your overwhelming advice…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sven Svensson

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 5, 2021
Sonoma County, California
Remember when I thought taking a prime ribeye roast and smoking it like a brisket might be a good idea and all of you pretty much 100% disagreed? Well, I let it age for 11-12 days in the garage fridge and I slowly smoked it. I’m very glad I did. It was the best roast I’ve ever made as the beef almost literally melted in my mouth. No need for steak knives as a fork easily cut right through it. We had it on New Year’s Eve along with some real cheese fondue (as opposed to the Melting Pot), some North Bay Dungeness crab, Boudin’s sourdough, some slow smoked onions and Shitake mushrooms, and a very interesting and fun-to-make full stalk of Brussels sprouts which I’ll put in a separate post. I’m glad I followed your advice even though you didn’t give me much choice, haha!

Attachments

• B97E436B-DF86-4A58-985B-84A3D93976B6.jpeg
    B97E436B-DF86-4A58-985B-84A3D93976B6.jpeg
    161.9 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Looks like a meal fit for a king! You nailed it. Love it when a meal turns out that good

Ryan

We all like to experiment and advice is always flowing here. I come in here like a week or two before cooking something sometimes to think out a meal and get advice.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky