I need help...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 5, 2007
...I can't stop myself. I can't help but improvise/improve when things wear out. Plus, I am a tinker addict.

My poor little Weber kettle took a turn for the worst. The bottom vent/sweeper rusted out and became totally useless. Two of the three "wings" rusted and fell off. Not pretty. I know I can get replacement parts, but...

Anyway, I had an old hubcap lying around, from a '51 Plymouth. Plus, I still have remnants of the infamous sliding board that I made my starter chimney from. Long story short, they both are now functioning as my vent control (and rather nicely, I might add). My wife REALLY thinks I'm nutz now...
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

Pix to follow...

Not 2 worry Lisa, the Weber has been saved and is still among the living.
icon_smile.gif

Here's a couple of lousy pictures (I really need a new camera...) of the latest "renovation"... Not quite the original design, but it works!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky