• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

I need help...

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
...I can't stop myself. I can't help but improvise/improve when things wear out. Plus, I am a tinker addict.

My poor little Weber kettle took a turn for the worst. The bottom vent/sweeper rusted out and became totally useless. Two of the three "wings" rusted and fell off. Not pretty. I know I can get replacement parts, but...

Anyway, I had an old hubcap lying around, from a '51 Plymouth. Plus, I still have remnants of the infamous sliding board that I made my starter chimney from. Long story short, they both are now functioning as my vent control (and rather nicely, I might add). My wife REALLY thinks I'm nutz now...

Pix to follow...

lisacsco

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Apr 30, 2007
Will there be a viewing along with the service? Or just the service?
Sorry about your loss...

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Not 2 worry Lisa, the Weber has been saved and is still among the living.

hawgheaven

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined May 5, 2007
Here's a couple of lousy pictures (I really need a new camera...) of the latest "renovation"... Not quite the original design, but it works!

triple b

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2007
Looks like you did a good job!

And as long as it works.............
Keep on smokin'!

teacup13

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 22, 2007
i had to laugh at this one... i just asked the missus if she would mind a smoker with a flame job on it sitting in the backyard..lol

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.