I need a fryer.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mikedixon

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
East Tennessee
I am interested in buying a fryer that I can cook for 100+ people fairly easily, portable enough to use in a traveling concession stand, propane powered, and the biggie, affordable. Any suggestions?

What are you going to fry? Chicken, spuds, hush puppies, chicken fried bacon.

For diversity, several propane burners and Dutch Ovens. Allows for different temps and foods at one time.

I've seen where the D ovens were drilled and tapped to install a drain valve. Easy emptying when hot too.

I agree check out the Cajunfryer line they have some nice ones

What are you going to fry? Chicken, spuds, hush puppies, chicken fried bacon.

For diversity, several propane burners and Dutch Ovens. Allows for different temps and foods at one time.

I've seen where the D ovens were drilled and tapped to install a drain valve. Easy emptying when hot too.

We have been looking for a heat resistant drain valve to put in the bottom of a large pot. Do you have any idea where to get one?

Last edited:
I agree, a unit like the Cajun is great for commercial work
icon_rolleyes.gif
,however-IF- you want save $$$ 
confused.gif
go with an original type.Make sure that it has a large pot and a removeable basket(saves headaches) and get extra gas bottles.
icon_idea.gif

You will be getting off for around a hundred$
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif
  -  OR -  go with several of the normal size ones,2-3-4 or more.This will set you back a little less(they go on sale a lot)
icon_wink.gif
In that case you will need a couple of large Spiders(a straining scoop for food service)
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

What ever you do have fun and remember
icon_arrow.gif

Thanks guys. I knew I could depend on you. I definitely don't need the 6 basket, but the 2 basket looks appealing. This weekend I will use my turkey fryer with the shallow pan on it. I need to do hot wings for a party. I like the Dutch oven idea too. I need to get a couple sets of those burners. I am going to use one to build a steam table (one of these days) and that might just work better for me than a dedicated fryer. I hate single use things. I am trying to get my whole setup so I can run it buy myself. My wife is a terribly busy lady, and my oldest kids don't live around me, and my youngest son (9 yo) is hot and cold about cooking/helping. Good, dependable ,outside the family help is hard to come by here too. Thank you guys for your advice, you all are great!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky