I need a bit of help PLEASE

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ordinary guy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 5, 2015
Pittsburgh
So I had all my recipes written down and while I have several racks of ribs recipes, I my wife asked for the falling off the bone ribs today....
I started off by memory ,,,, got the smoker going - put on the dry rub, and I usually smoke about 3 hours or so, then I put them in a foil pan with apple juice and wrap it.... turn up the heat to 225-250 then the PROBLEM AROSE....... my new pup chewed off the bottom of that page......

so I am not sure how long I kept them in the pan..... I remembered that after taking them out of the pan I sauce them and put them back onto the grids for another hour or so .

ANYONE GOT GOT ANY IDEA OF HOW LONG i SHOULD KEEP THEM IN THE APPLE JUICE AND FOIL WRAPPED PAN?

Reactions: JC in GB
Basic rule of thumb....

If they are baby backs, 1 hour for 3 unwrapped.

If they are spare ribs 2 hours then unwrap back in the smoker and sauce for one additional hour.

Baby Back 2-2-1

Spare ribs 3-2-1

Numbers being hours unwrapped, wrapped, unwrapped.

Good luck...

JC :emoji_cat:

Reactions: SecondHandSmoker
Thanks guys, ya know I should have remembered the number thing... must be getting old....LOL

Oh and Baby Back ribs'

the pup is cool just getting rid of puppy teeth and chewing on anything... think I will change his name to Chewbacca or Chewribba

Reactions: JC in GB
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky