I Made Bear's Peanut Butter Meltaways (A Few Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
We are not much into sweets, desserts, or candy around here but if I have a weakness where they are concerned, it's Reece's Peanut Butter Cups. When I read Bear's ( Bearcarver Bearcarver ) thread, he had me hook, line, and sinker when mentioning my weakness :emoji_wink: I knew I had to make these and did so immediately. Literally, within a very short time I was headed to our little grocery store to get the necessary stuff. Had to make a couple of adjustments from his recipe due to limited availability at the store but followed his instructions to a "T". Melted all the goodies in the microwave and doled out into the cups. I just used a tablespoon and a small rubber spatula to pour the mix into the cups. Got 42 of them from the mix.

001.jpg

After chilling and removed from the cups.
002.jpg

003.jpg

Into a large tub where they will be kept in the fridge. I like them chilled.
004.jpg

Ok...the adjustments I had to make. They did not have the milk chocolate and white chocolate wafers that Bear used so I just used chips. Both bags were about an ounce bigger than the ones Bear used. They also didn't have the small pastry cups so I had to use the larger cupcake sized ones. Didn't change the flavor at all, just the appearance. To say these are amazing would be a huge understatement. They are off the charts!! Had some friends here for Thanksgiving dinner and his favorite thing in the world is Reece's cups. He liked these way better. They are smooth, rich, decadent, and addictive. Add to that, they are so simple to make. There will be a tub of these in the fridge at all times, I can promise you that!! Many thanks to bear for posting this!! Make them folks, I promise you won't be disappointed.

Robert

Looks great!! These would be dangerous for me haha, even Keto’d up I’d eat a bucket full a day!

Robert when I ate sweets, Reese's were always a favorite of mine, too and I love most anything with chocolate. Those look great and you have done Bear's recipe the justice it deserves...

Looks very good Robert. These are my favorite as well. Though, I haven't done these. Just bought them.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky