I love BBQ! I've got some tools! I kinda have to build one, don't I ?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
looking sweet that baby should hold some heat good...
Looks-Great.gif

Got a late start Saturday, I had to change out the water pump in my truck first.

I did get the deviding plate and drain tube welded in place.

5daf9e6d_002.jpg

88baa73c_005.jpg

c1dd773c_006.jpg

b1b856b6_014.jpg

Not exactly plum, but I guess it will work. I better go see how much I can get done today.

It will be a short work day again, I promised my soon to be daughter-in-law that I would give her a tattoo this afternoon.

I was really hoping to have this thing functional by Thanksgiving but it's not looking good.

Well, I came in to eat lunch and get ready for the tattoo. I don't know if I'll get anymore done today so I'll post what I did.

8bd4f79f_016.jpg

50886cfe_019.jpg

49466d95_020.jpg

I also cut out my dampner (not pictured) for between the fire box and cook chamber from some 1/4 inch diamond plate I had.

I scored the firebox top where I want to cut it when I get back to it.

I have a question about my exhaust. I have some 3.25" pipe I intend to use and so will have multiple stacks. I'm thinking three, I can always damper down a little if needed. It's what I have on hand and I'm thinking that in terms of airflow, having my exhaust distributed from front to back will be beneficial. My question is in terms of how far down into the cook chamber to bring the pipe. I know I want it close to the level of the cook grate, but a little above, dead even, a little below? Any guidance from the pros would be very much appreciated.

Had a good day today. A two year old's birthday party and I still made progress on my smoker.

37528e03_002.jpg

186b5c61_053.jpg

f652d952_060.jpg

b573f1e5_062.jpg

073b9c9a_050.jpg

2bde94a5_064.jpg

48cb249c_046.jpg

c6177c3b_061.jpg

Who needs a plazma cutter?!?

e1541796_027.jpg

Pa paw does! Cook us sumpin Pa paw!

Boy it's really coming along nicely!

Great bunch of Grandkids you got there too.

No I know why your building such a big smoker.

Thanks Al, you know those boys can put a hurt on some groceries too! Just gonna get worse the bigger they get.

I am so close to being able to fire this thing up it's killing me!

54bf6baf_001.jpg

Here's my dampener for the stacks. I chopped up a C-clamp. Closed . . .

c333babf_002.jpg

Open!

e8f7e17a_011.jpg

23740138_008.jpg

24f7a9f0_010.jpg

0ead4203_017.jpg

Wow!! I'm going to have to borrow some ideas for my build
Thank you! That's the whole point of sharing ideas on this site, right? I know I've picked up enough fuel for some sleepless nights on here!

Yesterday I found out that due to circumstances I won't go into. Our plans to stay home today and smoke a bird had to change. Now I've got more build time!

Question: If I can get enough done to build a fire in it tomorrow for a good seasoning, any concerns with smoking a big meal in a new smoker on Saturday?

Two turkeys, a ham and a fatty for breakfast while we wait.

No where near done, but ready for a good fire!

It's supposed to rain here Saturday so I'm going to have to move her around in the back under a roof I built over my back patio a couple years ago.

I can't wait!!! I sense a sleepless night coming. I'm not weird . . . . right?

8349a654_001.jpg

I knew I'd find a use for the other end of these things!

2fde8bdf_004.jpg

0f8d66bf_005.jpg

a9aabb54_007.jpg

I'll have to prop her up on cinder blocks for this one. Ultimately I'll build a trailer around her.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky