I just want to say Thanks!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
To all the folks that make this site what it is. Jeff, the forum mods, all of the uber-insightful people, experts, novices, etc.

It just seems like everywhere you go these days, good, nice people that want to help, is a rarity. I’ve been using Internet forums for years. Some good, some not so good. All have had some very nice and informed folks, but usually have as many “edgy” people that jump on every question, or improperly followed “protocol”. But not here. The resources are second to none, but to me, more importantly, everyone is so darn nice.

So, a big thank you to those mentioned. You set the tone for a site that the more I use, the more I want to be here!

I came here to SMF looking for information about smoking and ways to change my ways...
Finding the friendly and very helpful folks here has made it a pleasure to come back every day.

I've been a forumite since the mid 1990's. Been booted off several, too. Just too real for some folks.
But truth be known, we all put our pants on one leg at a time.

This is a great site with some really great folks.

I came on here quite experienced in smoking meats and still learn something new almost every time I log in.

Glad you like it here. I agree with everything you said. Jeff has a good thing going here.

Ditto on the above sentiments.

Chris

OK Saint, tell us the truth. This was just a point grab thread wasn't it. :D:D:D

You got me!

No seriously, I don’t even know how points work? Is that bad?

No it's not bad, I'm just ragging on ya. Point(old forum)/Likes(new forum) they're just a way to say you appreciate the comment or post someone put out there. On the old forum you were only allowed to give about 10 a day so they meant more when you received one. Now it's basically unlimited - so it's kinda of cheapened the meaning.

Nice post again I totally agree with your sentiments about the forum.

Chris

Reactions: 73saint
Totally agree. Very friendly place on the web here. Man, the homebrewing forums... You'd think guys making beer would be civil... Currently taking hiatus. Facebook: That place is gonna implode.

Reactions: 73saint
Totally agree. Very friendly place on the web here. Man, the homebrewing forums... You'd think guys making beer would be civil... Currently taking hiatus. Facebook: That place is gonna implode.
It’s like that on one of the NO Saints forums I frequent. Makes you scared to even comment!!

73saint no better words could describe this group everyone always seems willing to help. Yup always learn new ways or how to sharpen up the old ones.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky