I have this great looking butt that is just begging to be smoked, but I am afraid! HELP!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First off, the Butt was great! Very juicy and tender.  It took much longer than I thought, almost 12 hours and I still only got to 190+ degrees but the wife was getting increasingly impatient that supper was not going to be until 10 pm.  With hungry mouths waiting, I cheated on letting it rest as well, but as far as I could tell, it was perfect.

I had it for lunch again today and I could really taste the flavor much more as I was not rushing. I hate rushing a good smoke, but I got away with it this time.

Thanks again for all your help. The finishing sauce was a nice touch as well, I liked that.
     Glad to hear your butt turned out great for you!  I know what you mean about the timing, I've had a few that have taken longer than anticipated and have gotten in trouble more than a few times for having Sunday supper at 9 and as late as 10 p.m.!  LOL  Now I try to start them much earlier knowing that I can keep it for at least 4 to 6 hours in the cooler if need be.  Sometimes I think it has a little more flavor the second day.  

Glad the wifey was happy with the outcome
icon_smile.gif
 and the butt was great.

Sounds about right to me. Glad it came out.

I'll be doing another this weekend. I can't wait and neither can the wife. Like a junkie, she's hooked on it now but I always was.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky