I have the best neighbors

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

sandyut

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Feb 18, 2015
Colorado
couple years ago I was moving several tons of rock in the my front yard when a guy down the street pulled up. i though "oh boy here comes the complaint about rock pile in the street". Nope; he says to me "I have some guys coming to help shortly and a bobcat this afternoon. blown away!

skip forward a couple years - moving another couple ton of cobble from driveway to backyard. Mostly by 5 gallon bucket due to some deep gravel in the path - wheelbarrow just dug into to too much. I was loading buckets and looked up to see the guy across the street walking over with a couple buckets...says "where do you want them?". we knocked in out in less than 30 minutes.

I feel lucky to have such great neighbors. I try to clear their snow when I can and help as much as possible.

Kinda restores your faith in humanity doesn't it? Need more folks like this now-a-days.
Jim

Yea I think in this pandemic people are being more compassionate toward their fellow man. Maybe this is Gods way of bringing us back together as a society & caring more about others than ourselves. Those of us who are not to affected by the shutdown need to help the folks who are hurting. And there are a lot of them!
Al

HMMM, I never see my neighbors.
They're all too far away, and can't be seen from my house.
Except my closest Neighbor, who is My Son, and he's been an Awesome Help to us for many years. "Just Paying Me Back", He says!

Bear

Neighbors like that are rare to almost non-existent, these days. Yours are "old time" people. Cherish them and always be ready to lend a hand whenever it's needed.
I could not agree more! We got so lucky with our neighbors and neighbor hood. its like no place i have lived before.

I could not agree more! We got so lucky with our neighbors and neighbor hood. its like no place i have lived before.

It used to be like that for us, when we were younger & lived in or near town.
Now the last two places we lived are out in the sticks, where everybody seems to keep to themselves, unless they're out for a walk, or walking the Dog. And now I don't get out much, because I don't get around too good.

Heck, we haven't even had a single Halloweener in the 18 years we live here, or the 10 years we lived at the house before this house. We figure it's too scary for kids to come around in the middle of a Woods, at night, with Zero street lights anywhere around. Without a Full Moon, it really gets Dark out here at night !!!
Mrs Bear always gets candy just in case, but we end up having to eat it ourselves.

Bear

Our neighborhood use to be like that. Then some got divorced, some moved and the new neighbors just stayed to themselves. They don't even really wave when you drive by and wave at them.

Chris

Reactions: GATOR240
I totally agree, there's not that good old neighborly kindness anymore. We've lived in the same house in a neighborhood for 21 years, and we know the same 4 families we first me when we moved in, and our kids grew up together. It's a neighborhood with 70 or so homes. Many have come and gone over the years, but none have come around, or been seen much. Now the kids are grown, so we don't even see the original 4 people that much anymore. Sad really. Throw this Covid into the mix and it's worse. We really need more kindness toward each other, more than ever. Great stories, thanks for sharing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky