I HAVE AN AMAZING PELLET QUESTION

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tennsmoker

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jul 26, 2012
Clarksville, Tn
In my pellet inventory I have pellets from Todd on hand, 4 different flavors,
wife.gif

hickory

oak

apple

pitmaster (hickory/cherry/maple

I know some of you have experimented and mixed pellets many times, but using what I have, what would be the best combination? I am ready to smoke my next batch of SS.

Thanx for any help,

Al

If I was going to mix any of what you have it would be the oak and apple. The pitmasters does not need anything 

Here's my opinion..

At one of the gatherings I would like to see everybody who is smoking something not share their smoke source and use different kinds of wood.

Then a panel of 5 seasoned smokers tastes the food and write down what was used to provide smoke.

My guess is without any kind of a tip, the panel wont pick the same thing.

I use pecan because it falls outa the trees in my yard.

When I use dust or pellets..I would only be guessing on the flavor if I didnt see it on the bag.

YMMV!!!!

Before I got my AMNPS I mixed Hickory Chunks and Apple Chips for 20 years. Made some good Q...JJ

Thanx guys,

now I have something to go with, IE,.

oak/apple

hickory,apple

FPNMF you r probably right these smokers here at SMF would be hard to fool when it comes to smoking wood types, and your suggestion would be a great idea at a Q gathering.  Lucky u to have a pecan tree all my pellets fall out of "Todd's Tree".

Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky