I have 2 40" MES's for sale $300

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

canned smoke

Fire Starter
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Oct 1, 2005
Kansas
Looking to offload both of them for one price. I am not getting the results I like so I am moving to a UDS.

The one that is all stainless stopped heating. I figured it for dead and my wife bought a new one. I later learned these things are noturious for a wiring issue that is a pretty simple fix so this may be all that's wrong with it as the display still works. Not guaranteeing anything. It has had a lot of smokes ran through it but I will have it as clean as possible.

The other one works fine. It has a stainless door and a black cabinet. It has the window in the door and a built in meat probe. It has had only 4 smokes, one of those was to season it. The chip loader had that divider in it but it got hung up in the smoker and I had to force it out damaging the divider. I simply tack welded a half circle piece in place making the loader work the same as before.

Both smokers have little dings or scratches, I swear they ship that way, but are in good shape otherwise. Well except the one that quit working.

Ask any questions you have. I feel it is a good price for them both even with the one not heating. If it is a simple wire fix you could have 2 nice smokers for the price of one.

Smokers are in Topeka. I can deliver for a fee.

$300

f1ee3a3d_100_3006.jpg
773af61a_100_3007.jpg

I would suggest that before you give up completely you get an A MAZE N SMOKER and give it a try- almost everyone who had tiried it swears by it. I have one that I use in my SmokinTex and I love it - just a thought they are only $30 

I have gotten good results, just not consistently good. I got into smoking with the MES due to ease of use but I want to go more with a wood / charcoal fuel source now. I briefly thought about propane but I choose to grill with charcoal over propane because I like the flavor more, so I figure the same must be true about smoking. I would keep my electrics but the other issue is money. I have these 2 smokers that were rather expensive purchases and if I want to build a UDS or reverse flow I need to sell these or so says my wife. :o)  I know you can build a UDS on the cheap, but I have a few ideas to take it to a higher level and ideas take money.

Great offer , great price, but if i was in need of one the shipping would kill me.

Good luck on the sale.

Dan

Last edited:
RBH

SAY IT AIN'T SO!!

Offloading your MES!

I dropped you a PM

Todd

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky