I got my AMNPS......I'm pumped. PLUS a lighting tip!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

scootermagoo

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
May 2, 2011
Algoma, WI
I got my AMNPS last Saturday.  I was so pumped I had to try it out, not in a smoker, just a dry run.  I just used the pre-loaded pellets and lit er up.  I used my mini butane torch and lit it up.  Didn't burn that well, so I gave it a little help.  HERE IS THE TIP:  Right or wrong I gave it a little more air using my heat gun.  Not so much for the heat, just for the air.  With the aid of the heat gun, an impressive little cherry developed and burned like crazy.  I did that for about 20 seconds and the pellets burned quite happily and vigorously.  I let them burn for about 2 minutes or so and blew out the flame.  After that, the AMNPS was producing the most beautiful and fragrant thin blue smoke.  Honestly, I teared up a bit......it was beautiful!  Now I just need to use it in an actual smoke.  I intended to use it in my pellet pooper fridge conversion, but that isn't done yet.  It's waiting for me to get off my butt and paint it.  And a break in the 20 degree weather would help too.  You can only do so much in a small, semi-heated garage.  I just my have to giver a try in the Char Griller Pro.

Sorry for rambling.

A couple of Saturday's ago I used my AMNPS for the first time, I have the MES 40in 800 watt, and pulled the chip tube out 2in. and lit the cold smoker, I came back an hour later and there was no smoke, so I relit it again per instructions and took the chip tube completely out and it stayed smoking all nite. Love my new toy.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky