I found the Lord ........(Dino ribs.)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

fxsales1959

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Dec 17, 2019
PembrokePines, FL
Iwent to my meat place for my weekly Friday meat buy. The store is a typical "Latinish" grocery store where 1/4 of it is walled off and refrigerated. There's a display case for "prime" and others all over the place by meat type. I looked in the prime case and saw what looked like they could be plate ribs. My meat guy is Alejandro who speaks English almost as good as I speak Spanish. I asked if those were "plate ribs" nd was answered with "Que?" He held up a nice 4 bone selection. $8.99/lb. OK, so it's prime. They also had non-prime that were a little thicker about the size of a three finger bag. Those were all in the 20lb range. I wasn't in the mood for a $180 experiment so i went with the prime version. Still not bad for $34 for a Sunday meal. made up a rub with SPG, paprika brown sugar, garlic and all the usual subjects. fired up my new best friend MB560 and filled with lump and several chunks of hickory and post oak. temp held real steady between 235 and 245. made up a spritz of apple juice nd ACV. probed it and went about Sunday chores. Six hours later after several spritzes hot 202 degrees. pulled and let rest. We each had one bone and were sufficiently filled. In all of my smoking experiences I've never taken anything off that was this good. n o sauce or anything other than the rub. It was truly a meat-gasm. I'm going back to the store this morning in hopes there are some left for the freezer. I've got to work on my food photography skills as these pics don't do them justice. dino ribs 2.jpg dino ribs.jpg
dino ribs 2.jpg

Most delicious looking ribs sir.

Point for sure
Chris

Looks awesome! I love it when you find some so meaty!

Ryan

Yes!! You have found Nirvana. We only did pork ribs for a long time due to Tracy's love for them. Finally got some good beef ribs, paid close attention when cooking them, now the Dino ribs are the household favorite. Yours look excellent!! Very well done.

Robert

Those ribs look awesome, I have to sneak a rack into the dinner rotation. Wife does not favor them, as tx smoker tx smoker says, wife doesn't favor them. I have never smoked them so maybe that's the difference maker here.

100% bud great job. Most people don't cook em long enogh. They are brisket on a stick and should be cooked so. Well done ty for sharing

Fantastic results!! These are my top favorite beef to smoke by far. Never had bad ones and results are consistent. I simply can’t say that for brisket.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky