I am out of here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Sorry to see you leave, been there, done that. After a cooling off period I hope you give the site another shot.

Chris

Reactions: MJB05615
For what I have learned from this site, lifetime membership has paid for itself so many times over and over. And I also get no annoying ads? Hopefully the OP and others non lifetime members will reconsider.

This is my last post on SMF.

I no longer feel welcomed after the ad overload debacle that resulted in name calling and shaming members into paid membership. I don't mind the odd member classless remarks , but veteran/respect members resort to the same attitude and mods appear to tolerate, even validate it, until things get out of control.

Other than the last few days I truly enjoyed my 8 year membership, awesome advice and support, great conversations and good humour . I tried to give back as much as I was given. If I haven't succeeded I apologize.

All the best and keep on smokin'.
You should reconsider. Stick around for awhile longer. After yesterday's debacle, I even picked up a new friend. Dave Omak decided to "follow" me. Not sure whether to be flattered or creeped out!

Drama. Good god.
So a couple members of the site decided to kick up the dust, now the whole forum is in trouble? That’s rich.
Can’t cough up 15 bucks to pitch in, but want a red solo cup to get a drink. The door swings both ways, in and out. This forum and its membership is the best on the webs. Want to leave? Good luck, no reason to spread poison here. See ya.
I tried to hold back on the first complaining thread but I cant hold back any longer.

I agree with SmokinEdge SmokinEdge this is drama - unnecessary drama

Every member has the choice. Buy a member ship or get the adds. its no secret. IMO the membership is entirely worth it. I am on another forum and its the wild west, very little oversight and a lot more mean spirited BS.

The comments about memberships being too expensive...Meat is expensive, membership here is nothing in comparison. Especially for all the great people, ideas, help and comradery.

Last edited:
This is my last post on SMF.

I no longer feel welcomed after the ad overload debacle that resulted in name calling and shaming members into paid membership. I don't mind the odd member classless remarks , but veteran/respect members resort to the same attitude and mods appear to tolerate, even validate it, until things get out of control.

Other than the last few days I truly enjoyed my 8 year membership, awesome advice and support, great conversations and good humour . I tried to give back as much as I was given. If I haven't succeeded I apologize.

All the best and keep on smokin'.
This isn't an airport no need to announce your departure. Buh BYE...

Sad to see anyone get so caught up in the opinion minutiae that they are no longer able to enjoy what SMF brings to so many. Certainly hope you eventually find a path to allow things like this to slide off without dwelling upon them. Best of luck in your travels.

Reactions: jcam222
This is my last post on SMF...Other than the last few days I truly enjoyed my 8 year membership, awesome advice and support, great conversations and good humour...
I will miss you greatly.
Maybe consider just a "vacation"? Say, a couple weeks off? Then maybe just follow a thread or two and see what you think.

And this my friend I believe will be the beginning of a mass exodus...

Certainly wish you would reconsider as I loved reading your post's ...
Afraid I can't agree with you re: mass exodus. We might lose a few members, but that's all. IMO, the VAST majority of members will still be here, simply because this is the best forum out there.
Gary

The freedom thing was nothing more than a response concerning the moderators letting words be said. The way I have it figured, anything worth having is worth paying for either with a fee or aggravation. Wishing all here well and the best.
Absolutely right. There's no such thing as a free lunch. I know this because I've been looking for one for the last 73 years and still haven't managed to find one. LOL.
Gary

• Haha
Reactions: smokebuzz
I normally avoid this stuff on any forum, but I just don't understand the issue. I browse and post here on both my laptop and phone and have never seen an ad or pop-up. For the record I avoid drama as much as possible, but it looks like I stepped in some on purpose. Remember, there is one person controlling your happiness. Either way, I've spent a ton of time reading things on this forum that have been incredibly helpful to me in my cooking endeavors. Weight loss not so much, but hey... I manage. Have a fine day.

My postings on SMF will taper off significantly the rest of June and thru about August. Summer fishing season is in full swing and we have yet to do repairs on the houseboat in Venice from hurricane Ida. I will be spending a lot of time down there and away from internet service. So my annual summer hiatus will likely be longer than usual.....just in case y'all wonder what happened to me.......

Last edited:
My postings on SMF will taper off significantly the rest of June and thru about August. Summer fishing season is in full swing and we have yet to do repairs on the houseboat in Venice from hurricane Ida. I will be spending a lot of time down there and away from internet service. So my annual summer hiatus will likely be longer than usual.....just in case y'all wonder what happened to me.......
Make sure to pop in with some fishing updates!! I always enjoy them and live vicariously through you l.

Reactions: Brokenhandle

Excuse me we do expect fishing updates and pics I mean come on we can't all go fishing all the time so we need to see updates and see pics so we can at least dream of fishing.
I did get my flats boat out of the repair shop today after some mechanical and fiberglass work but the water temps are to high to catch much other than sharks on the flats around here right now

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky