I am lucky to be alive

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

MileHighSmokerGirl

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 29, 2019
Denver, CO
Hey everyone. I had a tooth that broke off and somehow I got a blood infection and another infection that got into the jawbone.

I had to have emergency dental surgery last week to pull the entire upper row. They were able to give me antibiotics, clean out the infection and put four implants in and a new row of teeth. I know there were some bone grafts put in the jaw bone as well.

I won’t be eating much bbq anytime soon. No ribs, brisket, steak or any of that.

On a good note, I am going to get to eat plenty of smoked meatloaf for the next 4-5 months as meatloaf is on the approved soft foods list.

The dental surgeon said if I had waited another week or two to get treatment, I probably would have died in my sleep. :emoji_hushed:

That kind of news is pretty sombering. I’m 42 and not ready to kick the bucket just yet.

Thank you all.

I’m having a 4th of July bbq. Smoking a 20 lb packer brisket and several racks of ribs. It stinks I won’t be able to eat any but I’ll be making several trays of meat loaf and freezing the rest.

Oh yeah…I picked up a 2nd 18.5” WSM for $50 about 2 months ago. 😎

181AB5B2-0D4E-43B6-B7EF-112698FCD108.png

So sad glad to hear you're gonna be ok. I have battled bad teeth as well due to bad habits for 20 years and chemo and cancer as well. Best of luck and keep us informed we also have good chili and baked beans recipes which should be ok for you

Reactions: MileHighSmokerGirl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky