I’m back!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Used the bacon fat. Couldn’t get the egg open this an(13 degrees in Jersey) so I unleashed the vision. 275 with post oak. Bacon fat binder salt pepper and paprika for color. 3.5 hours in spritzed with one part maple syrup and three parts warm water. So far so good.

Attachments

• 73813759-0055-4612-BF09-22AFE83C5FE6.jpeg
    73813759-0055-4612-BF09-22AFE83C5FE6.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 11
  • C97D1B79-6E18-49EB-A9CB-70AAA8102BD0.jpeg
    C97D1B79-6E18-49EB-A9CB-70AAA8102BD0.jpeg
    222.3 KB · Views: 11
It’s been almost two years since I posted anything here. Covid did a number on my life.. lost my job of 40 yrs, lost some friends.
But now I’m back !! And tomorrow I’m breaking out the egg and smoking a pork butt for Valentine’s Day.. I will post the cook and try to die my job as a OTBS member!!
Lemans. Aka The Kosher Smoker
Sounds lke you are doing good. The best to you and your family and keep on smoking.

So what do you think for a binder?? Mustard, olive oil or bacon fat( my choice).
Hope things are smoothing out for you! Glad you are back to cooking and posting. For me that’s therapy! I think what’s used as a binder doesn’t matter much. I’ve been just using oil but I gotta say I never thought of using bacon grease. That’s my vote and I’m going to try it on the next one. Is that the Vision Classic Kamado? If so I have one, broke a wheel off the stand last year. I need to get a table built for it this year.

Used the bacon fat. Couldn’t get the egg open this an(13 degrees in Jersey) so I unleashed the vision. 275 with post oak. Bacon fat binder salt pepper and paprika for color. 3.5 hours in spritzed with one part maple syrup and three parts warm water. So far so good.

Bear Jr used to have that problem with his Big Green en Egg.
He used to drop a couple of some kind of Starter Cubes in through the top. Then about 15 minutes later he could open it.

Bear

Reactions: chopsaw
So I have the picnic on the counter resting for 1/2 hour . My wife came home and said “ did you make bacon?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky