Hunt cook eat wild deer video

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokethatstuff

Original poster
Aug 25, 2022
Hey all. Following my recent deer hunt, I've started smoking the meat. And it's coming out amazing!

Made a little video to share the experience and the work that's gone into it.

Reactions: LakeErieSMKR
looks very good! nice little offset smoker you used. get a temp probe you can leave in the meat and you won't have to open the door 3 times to check for temp and lose a lot of heat and add on to the cooking time.

Reactions: Smokethatstuff
looks very good! nice little offset smoker you used. get a temp probe you can leave in the meat and you won't have to open the door 3 times to check for temp and lose a lot of heat and add on to the cooking time.
Good tip, thank you. Very much learning as I go so any advice welcome 😁

Welcome to the site, Inkbird is a sponsor here and run specials all the time, got 3 briskets going now and here is a screen shot of what to expect

Attachments

• 9718E7D9-F2B2-48EE-BD2F-59434DC668D6.png
    9718E7D9-F2B2-48EE-BD2F-59434DC668D6.png
    97.2 KB · Views: 8
Hey all. Following my recent deer hunt, I've started smoking the meat. And it's coming out amazing!

Made a little video to share the experience and the work that's gone into it.

Hi there and welcome!

Nice job on getting a deer and cooking it!
I just got back from the rifle range to get ready for my upcoming hunt. Looking to score 4 this year and then process em. I try to fill my freezer with about 150-200 pounds of natural wild game each year (well pre pandemic). Just now getting back to it since 2019 was the last year I hunted due to the pandemic.

Also, wonderful job on the video. I LOVE that you used text and avoided music and intro themes etc. I feel like people delay and distract too much when talking as they try to make a video. I find the most enjoyable and informative ones simply show what's supposed to happen and provide the info along the way in form of text and/or voice over. Thanks for making a good video!

Great work all around!

Reactions: Smokethatstuff
Hi there and welcome!

Nice job on getting a deer and cooking it!
I just got back from the rifle range to get ready for my upcoming hunt. Looking to score 4 this year and then process em. I try to fill my freezer with about 150-200 pounds of natural wild game each year (well pre pandemic). Just now getting back to it since 2019 was the last year I hunted due to the pandemic.

Also, wonderful job on the video. I LOVE that you used text and avoided music and intro themes etc. I feel like people delay and distract too much when talking as they try to make a video. I find the most enjoyable and informative ones simply show what's supposed to happen and provide the info along the way in form of text and/or voice over. Thanks for making a good video!

Great work all around!
Thank you! Great to share the experience

Nice video, agree on use of text vs spoken word.

Meat turned out nice.

Sharpen your knife!
The knife was very much sharpened after. That was a bit of a bad on my part. Being neck it does not cut well with all the tendons and sinew, but makes awesome pulled meat. Used it for a chilli the next day. All the flavour 😁

• Haha
Reactions: chilerelleno
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky